Request Princess Peach discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Sergy92, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Well, Super Princess Peach is an example of how well can plot twists be in the Mario series (With the exception of Mario is missing!), so why shouldn't we have Peach in SMBC, huh?

This thread is made to discuss stuff about her gameplay mechanics, powerups, music, etc.

My idea is that she could use both her SMB2 sprites and gameplay mechanics: Instead of kicking Koopas and Buzzy Beetles, she could knock them into their shells, pick them up and then throw them (But she had to be fast because the enemy would come out again). She could also float in the air for a moment as well.

Her powerups... Well, apart of the powerless and Mushroom forms (Which would be kinda similar to Mario's), her Fire Flower form could be like her Down+B attack from the Smash Bros games: Picking up veggies from the floor.

Her level themes could be tracks from SMB2, 'nuff said.

And what do you think that Toad should tell her when she rescues him?

Well, after this little talk, I officially open the thread to discuss Peach's possible appearence in SMBC.

Eric Thorstad likes this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I personally think her SMB2 sprites should be used. Maybe a palette swap can be used to make her look more like her SMB1 self. Also, another palette swap could make Princess Daisy.

3. Sergy92

Well, I mainly suggested the SMB1 sprites because the SMB2 ones wouldn't fit too well but if she gets recoloured into the SMB1 style that could also work...

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

SMB Peach only has one sprite... one sprite and it's ugly.

5. Sergy92

That's why I've agreeded with Mitewing about using the SMB2 sprites.

6. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

"I'm sorry Peach, but Mario is with another Princess"

7. Mitewing

"Daisy, that harlot!" LOL

8. Sergy92

I don't know if this counts as necroposting but...

I've been playing Super Mario Bros X again and it gave me better ideas for Peach's gameplay: Her Fire Flower form could shoot pink fireballs that can bounce once in the walls and, to make it more challenging, she can't use her floating ability when powerless.

9. Mitewing

That's not a bad idea.

Sergy92 likes this.
  10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

This may be an useless post but... Pink fireballs would be a perfect homage to Super Mario Bros. Super Show. If her dress changed to the color from the cartoon segments of the show when Peach or Toadstool as she was more commonly known back then got fire power. I forget what color it was though. I think blue with red but not sure.

11. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I loved that show as a kid. But I know I have seen all the episodes, as well as Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World for that matter. Toadstool had never gained the ability to throw fireballs in any episode of those three series to my knowledge. Toad on the other hand has in only a single episode.

She did however gain abilities from a star in one episode where she ended up rescuing Mario, Luigi, and Toad. Calling herself "Princess P" (Perhaps meaning Power but no doubt a subtle reference to her actual name always having been Peach in Japan) her gown changed to a red white and blue color scheme when she transformed. It was very.....patriotic!

12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Play SMBDX or SPM and change your mind.
    SMBDX and SPM have her walking. SMBDX has her kissing Mario.

13. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Allow me to contribute some ideas of mine.
    I don't think making a peach should be something difficult. For start she should have her glide/flying jump (or however is her jumping is called) obviously. To make things more interesting because of that she should not be able to jump as high as Mario for two reasons!
    1. That way she would be forced to use her float jump at long gaps.
    2. In order to reach high places she could have the high jump move from SMB2
    She should also run slower then Mario. Why? Well because she was slower then Mario in SMB2, this would make her even more different and stay even closer to what she is like in SMB2. All the things I said would make her give the player a lot more unique and entertaining gaming experience. In other words it would make the character a lot more fun.
    Now for the Fire Flower form! Now why on earth she could not just have a fire balls just like Mario? I don't understand why should the vegie pull & throw a must have? It would just be so absurd! You want to pull out vegetables out of bridges and other crazy places? It would be just so stupid(excuse me for saying this). Also you just kick the enemies in SMB, should not be able to be picked up and other stuff, this is SMB and not SMB2. That is the way it is and there is nothing wrong with it. So in overall fire balls would be just fine if you ask me. You see no matter what you give her she always going to be just a Mario clone character. Why to overcomplicate things then?

Again, this is just my opinion. Don't assault me if you think I am a doo doo head for saying those. I just simply think it would work just fine that way.

14. bnjay29

1. I myself would not go so far as to say it is a must have, but it would definitely add to the variety in abilities. I'm not too fond of clone characters myself, Luigi being an exception at times. As for the absurdity of her pulling out vegetables in unlikely places, if it works in Smash Bros., then I say why not.

2. We shouldn't have to be afraid of voicing our opinions in anything. We are all equal here, so while I may not like the idea of Peach throwing fireballs, I for one am not gonna flame you for suggesting such a thing!

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"!

....Well, maybe not to the DEATH.....

15. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Alright, I guess you made a point there. Maybe it would not be so bad after all considering that. But I would still not like picking up shells and stuffs like that. But if it would be really necessary to have something like that then maybe how about able to picking up bricks?

16. bnjay29

Bricks you say.....

Well it isn't that far of a stretch from the mushroom blocks that are often found suspended in the air as well as the ground. I could totally see that as an option!

17. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Those turnips are a trademark. I really think she should have them, and be able to carry them around to throw them. It definitely adds originality to her moveset, than more fireballs. Aren't they trying to fit every character with their NES persona? The turnips and the levitation are no brainers.

But carrying bricks over her head (or "?" blocks) is a pretty good idea too. Not to mention how hillarious that'd look.

18. Mitewing

I believe she should only be able to throw veggies as her fire flower ability. Much like I said Toad should have the Bomb as his. Those items are their respective trademark abilities as seen in several games.

Not a fan of the brick throwing though.

19. Eric Thorstad

Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

One thing that would make her a fun character would be if she had the parasol from Super Princess Peach. Granted it would difficult to make it look right, but would be a fun power up.

20. Sergy92

I think that if the devs actually wanted to put Peach as a playable, they'd rather prefer to give her SMB2 gameplay features.

sbq92 likes this.