Request Princess Peach discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Sergy92, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Eric Thorstad

Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

This does sound more likely, since that is already 8-bit. I was just throwing out a pipe-dream idea.

2. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I see.

3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I thought I made some good suggestions about Peach's gameplay before...

Anyways It would be best if she played like in SMB2. It makes sense.

4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I posted this in the Toad thread. After getting her mushroom she'd get a random item to use: Vegetable, shell, bomb, POW block or stopwatch.

5. Sergy92

Much like Simon/Trevor can do with his sub-weapons (Minus the whip upgrade and the Double/Triple Shot).

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Mitewing

If Jay wants to save space as far as music is concerned, Toad and Peach should be added since their music is already in the game!

7. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

Thanks to 2.0 they both can fit here.
    Also, question about another character is there a Princess Zelda discussion?
    Hey back to Peach since she is a different character she can have more than one power up.

8. Sergy92

I don't think there's a Zelda thread but someone already did a skin of her for Link.

9. Crownjo

Can someone make a Peach skin with her NES colors and without sprite mods? I really don't like the one on the wiki no offense.

10. Sergy92

But at least we have Peach to be a skin.
    *Puts sunglasses on* Deal with it.

11. Crownjo

You gotta use a funny gif. I have one...

12. Sergy92

I was hoping to find a "Deal with it" image macro in KYM... But I didn't...

13. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Okay, possible powerup list. This isn't as in-depth as my Waluigi list, but...

Small - Able to stand on enemies, but not damage them in any way.
    Mushroom - Can pick up and toss enemies. Since we're basing her on SMB2, she should keep the trademark ability from that game.
    Veggie Toss - Maybe limit it to grassy or dirt tiles? Maybe she can't pick up from bridges or moving platforms.
    Fireball - Similar to SMBX physics.
    Bomb - Have it work similarly to Toad's in SMBX, except she pulls it out of the ground first.
    Parasol - Fuck you, this is an awesome idea. Plus, it's been iconic for her since Mario RPG.
    Vibe Scepter - Having never played SPP, I'm not sure how this works, but I know it's one of her major abilities.
    Psych Bomb - From SMRPG, this is a one-shot attack that damages all enemies onscreen.

14. Mitewing

I posted this on another thread, but since Peach is in the game now I thought I'd post it here as well.

The SMB2USA/Doki Doki Panic characters throw vegetables and I thought SMB 1 didn't offer much to gameplay but then I had an epiphany. The characters can throw the brick blocks instead! It would be similar to the Super Arm but they have to be standing on said brick. After the mushroom, they'll get random powerups like bombs, veggies, POW blocks, etc.

Regarding character selection, I think Toad and Peach should be separate characters. SMB 2 Mario and Luigi can be selected as they are now. The Doki Doki Panic crew would then be skins under the appropriate Mario character.

15. Greymon57

Greymon57 Level 3: Paratroopa
    Patron

I actually do think that a playable peach is something the game really needs. She should keep her move set from SMB2, and yes she should be allowed to pick up bricks and koopa shells. Not sure if she needs firepower. I figure she would have 3 hearts like in SMB2. Here Sprites from SPP should also be used. It would be awesome if she could use her umbrella as well, but that wouldn't match with the other sprites.

16. YetiPlays

YetiPlays Level 0: Newbie

Peach could be Marvelous Addition to the Cast(Despite her being a Skin of Luigi already) Possibly having Her Floating Ability, and maybe even more Power Ups like Hammer Bro Suit, and Tanuki Leaf.(She can use them in SM3DW)