Not a Bug Projectiles disappear when weapon is changed

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Frozsoul, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

When playing as Megaman or Bass I noticed that whenever I shoot a projectile from a special weapon, and then switch to a different special weapon, the projectile I previously fired disappears from the screen.

2. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

That actually happens in all of the other MM games that let you switch weapons.
    As far as I know, it was probably intended.

sbq92 likes this.
  3. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Hmm. I guess the effect was less jarring in the original MM games since you had to enter a new menu screen in order to switch weapons. I think this is a case where SMBC could stray slightly from the original games in order to improve gameplay. If confirmed to be intentional, I will request this as a feature.

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

Well, yes, because you're not using the weapon anymore. I'm not Jay, but I am sure it was intentional.

5. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

Actually, in MM9 and MM10 you can switch without going to a menu, and for speedrunning this is actually preferred.

6. SeanEBlog

SeanEBlog Level 3: Paratroopa

In Megaman 9 and 10, switching your weapon in game would cause your current on screen weapons to disappear.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, that sounds like a good argument for putting that menu screen in SMBC.