Questions about Exploding Rabbit.

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by crystal_entity, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

@Jay Another skin I'd recommend removing is Shadow. It doesn't even use the sprites from said origin game. Those few I mentioned I nominate for removal, but try to keep the rest if possible.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    crystal_entity likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

No way! That is one of my favorites. What do you mean it doesn't use the sprites from the game? Those are from FFVI.

Faruga likes this.
  3. Mitewing

I'm referring to the main character sprites. They don't resemble what's used in the game. They're customized to resemble Ryu more. I know the items and everything else are from the game. I had no idea it was a favorite. So my suggestion I will happily rescind. :)

4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

That is funny that I didn't realize that. It's hard to remember everything. Whoever made the skin did a good job because the style matches really well. The main reason I like the skin is because of the music, and I feel like FFVI is a game that should be remembered.

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  5. statoshi

statoshi Level 2: Koopa

yeah man #ACTIVITYROCKS

6. Mitewing

@mitsymckenzie777 made a Shadow skin closer to how it was in the game to show you what I mean...

7. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I was thinking if and I mean if SMBC ever receives an update which skins could be replaced.

Modern Mario = It's just a recolor of Mario to colorize him more like the latest 3d games. I believe the SNES sprites from All Stars are close enough.
    Modern Luigi = See Modern Mario...
    16 bit Red Justin Bailey Samus = Samus did not have red on or brown hair in Super Metroid the black version resembles more how the Justin Bailey code would have looked in Super Metroid therefor the red isn't needed.
    8 Bit Trever? = the pink 8 bit isn't really needed also the 16 bit could use some tweaking if possible SotN music and renamed Fake Trevor as listed in SotN.
    Atari Lance Bean = there is normally one Atari skin for each character so the same should be for Bill Riser.
    Shadow = See @Mitewing post above Should be replaced with accurate sprites

I also recommend again for Bartz once again a correct portrait from Final Fantasy V Advance and possible Clash on The Big Bridge for his bridge music.

I also have 5 archived character skins that could be used. As well as 2 Level skins if an update ever happened if you @Jay is ever interested PM me.

As far as Operation Pyxel I hope it's a success and realize it is primary focus above SMBC. While I can't support on Patreon due to random money issues as soon as a copy is available to buy I plan to purchase whether it's on Steam, Wii U PS3/PS4/PS Vita or whatever as long as it's not an X Box exclusive.

I don't do X Box systems. Thank you Jay for SMBC and I hope all goes well for you with OP.

PS you could sell Operation Pyxel with the slogan "This game is so OP!!!" You don't have to pay me for that slogan but please credit me in advertizing if used. <3

8. Mitewing

I respectively disagree with most of your reasoning for the removal of skins. Let me start with my personal prerequisites:
    1. Different, yet official versions of characters should always be considered above all else.
    2. Important or otherwise relevant characters should be highly considered. This includes evil versions or doppelgangers, even if they're recolors.
    3. Each important character should have at least one NES, SNES, GB version, even if there's no official version.
    4. Keep as many previous skins as possible, and only remove skin if it doesn't match theme or basic gameplay. That's why I'm not a fan of the River City Ransom skins.

My first reason is why characters like Modern Mario/Luigi shouldn't be removed.

8bit Trevor? Is a boss in Castlevania 3. He's essentially the same character as the Fake Trevor from SotN. That's why the 16 bit should remain and I feel (although it's not likely) there should be a GB skin. Also for Simon for that matter!

Atari Lance I think should remain because he's a legitimate 2nd player character. The Justin Bailey is simply a 16 bit version of an 8 bit skin. There are plenty of those of other characters so while maybe unnecessary I'd like to see kept.

What skins do you have, @mitsymckenzie777 ? I'd like to see them. If there's a level skin I'd like to see it's Link's Awakening. It's another GB skin with several Mario enemies that can be used.

9. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

@Mitewing I PM'd you a list and links to all the skins.

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Mitewing

If no more skins are ever added, I would simply welcome some character gameplay additons and changes.