Random Survivor

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by sbq92, Jan 7, 2013.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This challenge is pretty basic, but rather fun and interesting.

Play Survivor mode on Normal difficulty or higher, but you can only use the random character selector for both reviving and choosing a character. You must attempt to finish the game, but a single game over means you're done.

You may change character skins, but only once per world, and if you change one, you must change all of them by the same amount (e.g., if you change from NES Mega Man to GB Mega Man, that's two steps, so you must change the skins of all of the currently alive characters by two steps). This adds a random element to the character skins. Now that some of the skins actually play differently, this could make things interesting. :p

For added enjoyment, you may also turn the map skin to random. :)

Alkerion and uglyrodent like this.
  2. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

This is pretty much how I like to play! I'm glad you can randomly revive characters for this reason. :)
    Random music sets/consoles, random map/enemy skins, random interface, random everything!
    The only thing is I sometimes end up getting one of those characters like Ryu who just keeps getting a different sub-weapon and taking up all my 1-ups.

I like your rule for changing skins though, I'll have to try that for extra entertainment. :awesome:

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I'll have to try this and hope I get lucky

Actually, playing on Very Easy would probably make it no problem at all.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

This is how I play already, except I change my skins more often than once a world.

I've yet to beat the game on Normal :V

5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe it should have to be on Normal or higher. It is a challenge after all.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  6. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

You just took the words out of my mouth.

7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah.
    I can't beat the game on Normal.

uglyrodent and ZeroXBeoulve like this.
  8. Alkerion

Alkerion Level 2: Koopa

That's a small coincidence for me! I just did this last night (But without the shifting skins rule), before seeing this topic. It was quite fun, although I did have much more trouble than normal with World 8 for some reason. I'll blame that on being tired! ;)

I also recorded it, if you want to watch. Here's the first part:

9. wario46

wario46 Level 2: Koopa

Challenge will be done. I am very n00bish in SMBC(never got to world 7 without warp zonez), but does anybody CAREZ?
    EDIT: Can I do screenshots at every castle i get to?(not using warpin')
    HARD levels: 4-3(second jump, almost impossible to do with Link), 8-1-4(all 8-* levels)

Alkerion likes this.