Not a Bug Removing Bricks with Super Arm

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Loveforever92003, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

--:megaman:This bug is only seen with Mega Man and Bass.:bass: --

Since Super Arm was added to the game, you can do a bug where you could remove bricks from a level.
    1. Use :megaman: Mega Man or :bass: Bass, then go to any level with bricks (empty :brick:/:ubrick: blocks).
    2. Make sure you have Super Arm.
    3. Select Super Arm, then find a brick.
    4. When you grab the brick, select a weapon (don't throw it).
    At the end, that held brick is completeley removed from the level.

This actaully happened to me when i did the following steps, so see for yourself! ;)

2. Molly Jayne

Molly Jayne Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I'm not sure I understand how this is a bug... is there something beyond the brick just disappearing when you switch weapons, or is that it?

If that is all, I figured it was a conscious choice on Jay's part. I'm pretty sure that's how the Super Arm worked in Mega Man 1...

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

What do you mean by "completely removed from the level"? Are you saying that if you replay the level with Level Select, the brick you grabbed won't be there?
    If you mean that it just disappears from your hands when you grab the flagpole, that's what's supposed to happen.

4. Loveforever92003

I mean "completeley removed from the level" until it's completed and replayed with the Level Select.

5. Molly Jayne

Weird... I tried seeing if I could make that happen, but I died on purpose and the brick reappeared exactly as it should have. I might try a few more times later, though. If it's actually a bug, there might be a specific circumstance that's causing it...

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, I think I finally get what he's saying. He's saying that if you pick up a block with Super Arm, and then switch weapons, the block will disappear out of Mega Man's hands. He just phrased it really confusingly.
    And yeah, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to work like that.

7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It's not a bug! If you don't have the Super Arm anymore, you obviously won't be able to lift or throw a brick!

TheomanZero likes this.
  8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Looking for clarification from Loveforever :D

9. Rey D

Patron

I'm pretty sure he grabbed a brick and changed weapon and expected the brick to stay lifted or to come back to its original location (whereas ingame, it simply disappears).

But let's wait for the clarification, you're right.

10. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Looking at his list of actions, "select a weapon (don't throw it)" can only mean to switch weapons. In this case, yeah, the brick disappears, I suppose because it becomes the weapon's "projectile" when you pick it up, but projectiles disappear when you switch weapons, so the brick disappears. I don't see how this is a problem, though, unless you wanted to throw the brick later, but in that case just don't switch weapons. If it's a matter of the brick just being gone, well, you either break it, throw it, or make it disappear. In all cases, the brick is gone from the level.

ThomasMink and TheomanZero like this.
  11. Molly Jayne

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't want to put words in Loveforever's mouth, so I'm also waiting to see if there's more detail that might actually be considered a bug, but it might just be that he didn't expect it to work like it should.

TheomanZero likes this.
  12. Loveforever92003

That has nothing to do with this topic.

13. Rey D

Patron

→ ...
    Oh it's a joke! I get it! :D

So anyway, can you clarify us about that bug ?

14. Loveforever92003

Okay, i can clarify about the bug. :)
    1. Use Mega Man or Bass, then enter a level with bricks.
    2. If you have Super Arm, grab a brick.
    3. Switch weapons.
    The brick will dissapear if you follow these steps.

I hope this can clarify the bug! ;)

15. Rey D

Patron

That's what we thought. This is not a bug, it is supposed to happen.

Like we said, "If you don't have the Super Arm anymore, you obviously won't be able to lift or throw a brick!"
    and "I don't see how this is a problem, though, unless you wanted to throw the brick later, but in that case just don't switch weapons. If it's a matter of the brick just being gone, well, you either break it, throw it, or make it disappear. In all cases, the brick is gone from the level."

TheomanZero likes this.
  16. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

What did you expected? Since you're not using the weapon, you can't keep the block lifted. A bug is something that isn't supposed to happen. I guess the block disappearing is totally intentional, so not a bug.

TheomanZero likes this.
  17. Loveforever92003

Let me back this up with a quote:
    No, you can't pause if you still have the Super Arm brick that you lift in MM1. So it's a bug for SMBC.

18. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It's true that you can't pause while holding a brick in Mega Man, but that's because in MM1-3 you can't pause with a projectile on the screen, and the brick is a projectile. Jay decided to make Mega Man play like the most recent version of Mega Man, meaning you can cycle through weapons with "L/R" and you can pause with a weapon on the screen. When switching weapons, all projectiles from the weapon disappear, and because the brick is a projectile, it disappears as well. It is not a bug, but rather it is a "side effect" of incorporating Super Arm into a newer Mega Man system.

Mitewing and TheomanZero like this.
  19. Molly Jayne

To be fair:

1. Nobody said anything about pausing, especially since you don't pause to switch weapons in SMBC. Though you would have to pause to switch weapons in the original version of Mega Man, so I get your point. Still not a bug, as sbq92 already explained.

2. I was still trying to figure out whether you were saying it just disappeared when you switch weapons or disappeared entirely from the level somehow.

This didn't exactly help your case. It also isn't true.

Was this thread really worth dredging up again after two months?

20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Since it seems the matter has been settled I'm just going to close this. Please contact me if you feel this decision was an error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.