Requested Characters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Character Requests

I am lost to what you are suggesting. I think we should stick to 8-bit side scrolling characters ok? please no rpg characters with made up gameplay. The idea of this game is to replecate NES side scrolling characters with their gameplay with some minor changes.

Also.....[​IMG]

Make it happen Exploding Rabbit!

2. KefkaX21

KefkaX21 Level 3: Paratroopa

Character Requests

How About Grant DaNasty, Sypha Belnades and Alucard Dracula From Castlevania 3. Pit From Kid Ikarus Would Rock. Hero From Battle Of Olympus (Would Be along The Lines Of Zelda 2 Link). Mike From Star Tropics. Joe And Mac From Joe And Mac. Kuros From Wizards And Warriors.all Would be Great.

3. Crownjo

Character Requests

Somtimes I get mixed feelings on Zelda II LInk. I kinda want him but at the same time we need new characters. Your suggestions are good.

Oh yeah Alucard from Castlevania 3 is a good choice.

4. jg hollowell

jg hollowell Level 2: Koopa

Character Requests

I really like little link. I prefer megaman and link over samus/simon/bill because of the size difference. There's smaller and larger characters, which affects a persons strategy for a level.

I still want Firebrand. Because everyone knows, being a red demon that spits fire at a big demonic looking turtle will make Super mario bros feel like king of monsters.

5. Crownjo

Character Requests

You know if Zelda II Link gets a fire flower he would shoot fireballs that goes thorugh enemys. Now that would be useful. Plus he could possably hit koopas in the head.

I think Zelda II link would be much better then Zelda I LInk. Plus he could use the boomerang just fine. Even if he ducks.

6. jg hollowell

Character Requests

im a chiaotzu player over a ssj4 goku player in Tenkaichi III, purely because of hitboxes. I think having zelda II link as an unlockable version of link would be awesome.

But I just got an idea; Make Peach an unlockable character :p

7. Crownjo

Character Requests

IMO I think Link is the weakest character in SMBC. I think Zelda II Link would do much better. His fire flower form would do much better then Zelda I Link.

Plus Mr Bunny could emulate the jumping from Zelda II better.

8. Groover

Groover Level 5: Spiny

Character Requests

Link ? Link is very strong character. One of the best. But he need skill with bumerang. His only weakness is in small damage. Link = PRO :cool:

9. Leon

Leon Level 2: Koopa

Character Requests

While it is a platformer with most characters preforming close to their originals, that -doesn't- mean that it is the aim of the project.

Well, it is. Kinda.

The point of the project is to be, in the creators own words, fun. He's even taken liberties with the characters in changing some of their mechanics to make them -more- fun than he thought they would be without.

Hence, -nothing- should be ruled out on the grounds that it doesn't fit in with the "original" intent as the absolute limits are only what he is willing to include.

IE: To anyone disagreeing with another persons suggestion, shut the hell up. This is a character -request- section with the creator the sole dictator. Make your suggestions for what you -want included- not what other peoples requests that you -don't- want included.

10. jg hollowell

Character Requests

i still think peach would be awesome

11. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Character Requests

Wait, Link is the weakest? I do not understand how is that possible since Link is the only one who able to kill enemies (not all of them) with 1 attack. His attack is really powerful with the SWORD SLASH + SHOOTING SWORD attack power added to each other. Not to mention his boomerang can be extremely helpful too. Also Link has one of the most smooth controls also. I think Link is a really great character. I think Link is perfect the way he is now. I love also that Link is small. I can do the run under bowser trick with him in any form thx to his tiny size.

12. Laioni

Laioni Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

Marth from fire emblem would defnitly be cool.
    Some char from Final fantacy would be cool, lke a red mage.
    Blues (protoman) would be sick
    a char form IronSword: Wizards & Warriors II
    heres an odd one, the space ship from gradius. idk, it think it would be cool.
    maby you can be the gun from duck hunt and the screen scrols and u have to shoot things...
    oh and, um, Jay McCray, from Journey to Silius
    ya, thats all i can think of

13. Valcien

Valcien Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

At the risk of sounding grovelly, I'd like two original characters with all new gameplay - a contest winner who gets to design the character, and Jay Pavlina.

Also, it would take some creative license but how about some Bowser (from this very game)?

*Oh and I forgot, Ken from Street Fighter 2010*

14. PvtVain

PvtVain Level 1: Goomba

Character Requests

Make, all of the enemies according to the characters, If you could that would be awesome.
    But If you can't, then add all of the mega man 2 bosses please.
    Sprites, below.

Site for resources: http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Classic/MM2/Boss/

Everything for castlevania if you need them
    Site for resources: http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/vania/

Also you know the levels in the SMC where you take the plants to go in the air level parts,
    Make them the airman theme instead of bubbleman please <3

And, If you need I can find boss videos so you know how the sprites are used If you want. <3

15. berserkx33

berserkx33 Level 3: Paratroopa

Character Requests

For anyone complaining that sonic can't be in because he don't have good 8 bit sprites, here it is:

[​IMG]

And some 8-Bit Metal Slug:

Eri: [​IMG]
    Fio: [​IMG]
    Marco: [​IMG]
    Tarma: [​IMG]
    Tequila the Soldier: [​IMG]

16. codemasta14

codemasta14 Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

hmmm
    battletoads
    dungeons and dragons
    ghostbusters
    golden axe
    final fight
    indiana jones
    Bomberman
    bobble bobble
    captain america and avengers
    dig dug
    elevator action
    gauntlet
    rampage
    simpsons
    and my personal favorite... zenophobe

17. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

Character Requests

I laughed so hard I think I hurt something. Love it. Let's do it.

18. PvtVain

Character Requests

19. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

Character Requests

PvtVain, I have to ask you to PLEASE not put down people's ideas or posts immediately. Anyone is free to post anything they think might help, and if you disagree that much, just PM the dude. Unless you're going to be abusive to him, in which case it might be better if you don't bother with that.

20. PvtVain

Character Requests

I, was voicing my opinion about the things.
    Dig dug would be overpowered "not like bill isn't"
    Bubble bobble = bobble bobble im supposing would be underpowered

Worst character in my opinion has to be samus though :V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.