Requested Characters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

Character Requests

Voicing your opinion ---> A-OK! :D
    Doing so in a way that shoots down other people' opinions in a really curt, obnoxious fashion ----> No bueno, mi amigo.

It's okay to disagree, just don't make the forums a hostile place by doing so. (I know that's not your intention, but it is sort of a side-effect.)

2. PvtVain

PvtVain Level 1: Goomba

Character Requests

Ah, well kay :v

3. DeLane79

DeLane79 Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

Dunno how easy this would be to do but how bout one of the classic sidescrolling shooter ships like in some of the old Konami games? Would make for an interesting game, no?

Or how about dude from River City Ransom! Extra points if ya use the Japanese name and sprite. :p
    Goomba: "Barf!" XD

4. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Character Requests

Okay here I am again with a new character which could maybe work.
    I just remembered a game what actually could be good. The game is called Rockin' Kats

As you could see it is quite an original character (and no the character is not from a cartoon no matter how much it looks like that) and also there is lot of powerups (you could see them avaible on the shop screen) like spike ball, ability to shoot, rocket shoes which enables you to glide in the air and also bombs. SO there is enough powerups for the characters. ALso in the game you could switch to any powerups anytime so really no problem at all. The only thing is that the swing move should not be able to work on SMBC because in Rockin' Kats you can only grab onto platforms what you can jump through. But heck that not would ruin anything in my opinnion.

So once again I ask, what you guys think about it?

Originally there would be another character I wanted to show but I pass it for now.

5. Seiken Flame

Seiken Flame Level 2: Koopa

Character Requests

What about this???

Master Higgins - Adventure Island
    Lolo - Adventures of Lolo
    Bomberman - Bomberman
    Blue or Green Lizard - Bubble Bobble
    Dig Dug - Dig Dug
    Donkey Kong Jr - Donkey Kong Jr
    The Guy in Bike - ExciteBike
    Ice Climbers (the duo or just the blue) - Ice Climber
    Pit - Kid Icarus
    Kirby - Kirby's Adventure
    Lode Runner - Lode Runner
    The Prince (Dastan) - Prince of Persia

In think all characters who the creator can add to his game must only be NES Characters

6. djungelurban

djungelurban Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

Personally I'd like to see Lickle from Little Samson in this. I know he's a bit of an off-the-beaten path kind of character but he does play in kind of a unique way so that could be fun.

7. Berserker7Force

Berserker7Force Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

Luigi
    Style > a. Big, b. Racoon Suit, c. Tanooki Suit
    Abilities > Exaggerated Jump, Tail Whip, Run/Fly, Turn to Stone

Princess Peach
    Style > a. Mario 1, b. Mario 2, c. Mario 2 Big
    Abilities > Float, Grab Stuff, SuperJump after ducking

Toad
    Style > a. Wario Woods, b. Mario 2, c. Mario 2 Big
    Abilities > Run up walls, grab stuff sideways, fast

Kirby
    Style > a. Normal, b. Sword, c. Star Rod
    Abilities > Fly (Short Period), Eat enemies, Star Rod shoots Star

Pit (starts Style b)
    Style > a. Eggplant, b. Normal, c. Maxed-out gear
    Abilities > Shoot Arrows, Hammer, Float

8. berserkx33

berserkx33 Level 3: Paratroopa

Character Requests

To be honest, probably any character can be in the game, but i think the only ones that are certainly confirmed are the one cited in the interview. Here we can simply throw reasons and ideas, so stop critsizing people without any really firm argument, if you are only going to say no/stupid idea/overpowered it's better not to post.

And fuckingwhy Taizo Hori and Bub would be overpowered, they are slow and Bub jump very low, and Taizo Hori need 5 hits to kill anything, so a can't se why they are overpowered.

9. lamuness

lamuness Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

I actually think the guy from Rush n' Attack would be cool. Or maybe Rygar.

10. berserkx33

Character Requests

8-bit Sonic:

[​IMG]

8-Bit Metal Slug:

Eri: [​IMG]
    Fio: [​IMG]
    Marco: [​IMG]
    Tarma: [​IMG]
    Tequila the Soldier: [​IMG]

8-Bit Klonoa:

[​IMG]

11. Seiken Flame

Character Requests

Master Higgins - Adventure Island

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bomberman - Bomberman 2

[​IMG]

Dig Dug - Dig Dug

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Guy in Bike - ExciteBike

[​IMG]

Felix - Felix the Cat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ice Climbers (the duo or just the blue) - Ice Climber

[​IMG]

Pit - Kid Icarus

[​IMG]

Kirby - Kirby's Adventure

[​IMG]

Ninja - Legend of Kage

[​IMG]

The Prince - Prince of Persia

[​IMG]

And the most important:

Mario Bros - Super Mario Bros 3

[​IMG]

12. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Character Requests

No point in adding another ninja since we got Ryu.

I think Pit and Kirby could be good choices. I think Kirby would get his fire move when he gets a fire flower.

But wouldn't the flying break the game?

Rad from Biotic Commando would be a good choice too since Jay wanted him.

Also can you please take it easy with the pictures? Scrolling can be qute hard.

13. Seiken Flame

Character Requests

Yeah you're probably right. Kirby should be the best choice. But for Pit, it could be also a great idea if someone can find some sprites.

I think Master Higgins and Ice Climber from Adventure Island can be also a great idea.

Did Dug and the Biker are probably some funny characters that we can use in the game

Felix is a cartoon character first. I don't think it's a good idea to use it, because it's not a Nintendo character

For the ninja, you're also probably right when you said that the game has another ninja (Ryu). But there is a little difference between Samus, Megaman and Bill? They all have a kind of gun. I think the ninja from Legend of Kage can also be considerated as another character that we can use in the game. It's the same thing for the Prince of Persia.

14. Urutsune

Character Requests

Okay this whole stuff is start to became nothing else then just always keep saying the stuffs.
    We should collect up all the characters whiches was suggested so far (by scrolling through every page here) and write them down. It is really useless to keep saying the same character always. Once sugggesting something is fair enough. So yeah, we should collect up all the ideas so far and then maybe reason all of them why should it be in or why not. (Even if it is not us who decide who shal be in or not, it could still help Jay decide about who should be in always next) So what you guys say? WHo is in the idea? I seriously think we got through most possible characters.

15. berserkx33

Character Requests

Man, i think that it should not because:

1 - Probably, a thousand people will still is thinking about what to post yet

2 - Probably, a lot of the ones that posted, will still remember something else they want to post.

3 - Limiting to a list where some characters reapear suscetively in various post is not a way to decide anything, Jay is the one that will decide, and probably it will not have anything to do with votes.

And i believe people need to se the lists then have posted and start to explain why, and even give more insight in their decisions, and create some gameplay about then. This is the right way to do that.

Let's make our lists the most complete possible.

16. BystanderLC

BystanderLC Level 2: Koopa

Character Requests

Sonic. Mario's the fastest guy in there right now and this guy seems to be the best candidate to help in gameplay.

And Zero. He might be just a suped up version of Mega Man, but he's too much a badass every time I see him.

17. Urutsune

Character Requests

All I said was just collecting the so far suggested characters into a list. I do not want any limiting or whatever you talk about. I said we should just write down the suggested chaarcters list down so people can see whiches were already suggested and if they want to put in some reasons why that character be good or if they have ideas for it's gameplay then they can write it down also.

18. berserkx33

Character Requests

Sorry so, but well, lets make a thread SUGESTED CHARACTERS so, in there we can post every character we found here and post news about the ideas people have.

19. Eternal

Eternal Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

Kirby - Make him JUST like his version from Kirby's adventure, including unlimited flying (if we wanted to balance the game we wouldn't have Bill from contra playable at all XD)

Here is how I could envision him working:

He can't jump on enemies (he couldn't in Kirby's Adventure so why should he now?)
    He can swallow and spit out all enemies except for Bowser, Piranha Plants, and Fireballs.
    These enemies would give these respective powers:
    Enemy - Power
    Koopa - Nothing
    Goomba - Nothing
    Spiny - Needle
    Buzzy Beetle - Stone
    Flying Koopa - High Jump
    Bullet Bill - Fireball
    Lakitu - UFO
    Hammer Bros - Hammer

Kirby would also have 3 life points (similar to his life points in Kirby's Adventure) Mushrooms would restore 1 life point (fire flowers wouldn't show up)
    And of course he'd work just like he does in Kirby's adventure when he is underwater.

------

Bionic Commando

I'm not entirely sure how well he'd work due to the lack of the ability for him to jump, but I think if you added a couple floating platforms just when you play as him you could make it work.

-----

Ice Climbers

They are perfect for this

Nemo from Dream Master

(just cause its such an underrated game)

Leonardo from TMNT
    He even already has swimming sprites!

Alex from River City Ransom

20. consoleman

consoleman Level 0: Newbie

Character Requests

How about one of the dragons from the bubble bobble games. that would be interesting game play were you could kill goombas by wrapping them in a bubble and watch them float off the screen. shoot one bubble get a bubble shoot two get a fire flower and you guessed it shoot three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.