Requested Characters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Mario isn't licensed?

2. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Huckleberry Finn was not meant as a request. He was an example just to point out that we could add anyone or anything from any game overall and the discrimination all in all against some characters is somewhat unfair. Not in the point that they will or should be added but this all in all...

So over all Sergy92's post I highlighted the over all part that bothered me in it. Then again the sarcastic "Because he kicks iron ass!" doesn't count. also bothered me. In simplicity Crownjo saying %90 and that it would ruin the game.

Let's handle Sergy's post first a polite response would be just Explain why? No sarcasm and no over all rude challenge added to the end. As in saying go ahead and try in a way that sounds like there isn't a point or a hope in overall aspect of the character request period. The requests here are not definite set in stone ideas. Some maybe even ones I requested may not make it. Same with Sergy,Crownjo and probably even you.

Getting to my next point the %90 of characters that supposedly would ruin the game. If Jay added any of them or even the full %90 percent is he going to put a gun to your head and force you to play as these characters? No then how will it ruin the whole game there are plenty of popular and even in the future some unpopular characters that could be added.

Not that I telling Jay how to design SMBC it is his creation after all. But if I made it I would make a habit of in every update just to make a point to popular opinion to add a well known character as well as an obscure not so well known character.

In a final point in this post I'm not saying it had a low fan base to begin with. The character is cool and opened me up to a classic game that I may enjoy if I ever can get a hold of a copy which souldn't be too hard. But before Jay added Sophia III I never heard of such. I Initially thought we were getting a second female SMBC character not a guy named Jason riding in a tank he named Sophia III. I admit the character is awesome and Blaster Master most likely is also and I don't know if it was a popular high fan based game. It could be I just never heard of for some strange reason but all in all I thought I knew every popular NES series at least in the U.S..

3. Scorpion42

I know Huckeberry Finn wasn't meant as a request.

I am just saying, if a character has a big fanbase, they are a likely candidate for SMBC. If nobody wants a character, why put them in the game?

Of course we're not going to put in every character in existence, but what makes this game great is the big part the community plays in it. For instance, you just introduced Jay and the rest of us to Bros. for the Atari, which I'm pretty sure we otherwise would never have known about. The community came up with the idea of skins, didn't it? And every day we discuss the future of SMBC, and since Jay cares so much about the community, why wouldn't they have an impact? If a character is demanded enough, why shouldn't he include it?

I must say, I'm pretty sure those people who just zip by Character Requests to dump a list on there have little impact on SMBC. But the people who argue; campaign with group and signatures and post their suggestions on the wiki with advanced explanations of how it would work, certainly have.

4. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

In response at mitsy... I think I've went a bit overboard with that... I'm sorry.

5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

What I mean by licensed is any character that was not originally a video game character.

6. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well in terms of everything saying nobody wants the character. Maybe it is understandable in terms of...

I could understand then possibly no one here would want it depending onthe dumped character request. Though in terms of active member requested characters especially ones in my girl power siggy being the majority here is most likely guys and the fact that most girly games or what would seem such are often low fan base.

In fact I just added two characters to the wiki one in which may have more of a chance than the other. The one that might over all make it is from to my knowledge a low fan based game that doesn't have any sequels that I know of. I mean the game to me was fun it is called Arkista's Ring and it stars a character named Christine. The second character though from a large fan based game has two things against her and those are she was an enemy in her game. Plus the overall controversy surrounding her gender in particular is none other than Poison from the Final Fight series of which the sprites are used from the NES title Mighty Final Fight.

But one having low fan base and the other having so much controversy neither may make the cut. Also another appearing in the wiki though someone else added her. Athena from the NES title of the same name I own and liked that game.

Then one more which has a decent if not big fan base but came from the Sega Master System Alis from Phantasy Star. But more than likely we have to see if Sonic makes the cut before the possibility of any other non NES character makes it more than likely.

Thanks I have to definitely say that was very cool and downright awesome of you!!!:)

7. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I'm afraid that sometimes I can't control my temper...

8. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

hah yea if ben 10 was added well...

9. Scorpion42

If nobody wants a character it doesn't have a fanbase, obviously.

10. bwis10

bwis10 Level 0: Newbie

:M: I think there should be naruto and yoshi and also luigi or Kirby

[Ryuza]: Please don't post spam in your messages :)

11. Scorpion42

Could putting licensed characters in become a problem in a legal sense?

12. Rawklord

Rawklord Level 0: Newbie

If I can pick anybody, they would be:
    Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)
    Kid Icarus (Kid Icarus)
    Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
    Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat)
    Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
    Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)

13. The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader Level 1: Goomba

I'd love to have Rad Spencer from Bionic Commando, but without being able to jump there would have to be lots of random blocks added.

14. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

He is the last character Jay wanted to add. I am sure he could work out.

15. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

Couldnt he just make him jump?

16. The Top Crusader

Sure, but that kind of takes away from his unique play style. Although if that is the only way he'd be in I could certainly live with it.

17. Scorpion42

I'd rather have him jump than random blocks put in the game.

18. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

im totally with you... it's better a guy that can jump and grapple on blocks, than a guy that can't pass the first level of a crossover game...

19. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe Radd's jump could be a little shorter than Megamans or how it is in the Bionic Commando sidescrolling sequel, Rearmed 2.

20. The Top Crusader

I like the idea of him getting to the first pipe and just standing there until the timer runs out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.