Requested Characters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"Maybe you can make a game off of this, just like ReNeX, FuZ, and FSP did."

I would not suggest doing this. I don't think it sits well with Jay.

2. Anter

Anter Level 6: Lakitu

Oh, yes! Thank you! I have some ideas... It will be call - Bowser Jr.'s Revolt!

JoMamma likes this.
  3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

If you ever make the game, try not to throw it all over Jay. I think we did it the wrong way with Sonic Boll.

4. Matthew Coddington

Matthew Coddington Level 0: Newbie

Character Request BATTLETOADS LOL nah but seriously it would be hilarious

5. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

Cool!
    I feel awesome for giving people ideas.
    :cool:But maybe you should use the Lost Levels map INSTEAD of the SMB map, because It's been done twice. Either way, it is a good idea.
    EDIT: Maybe you can do an ORIGINAL map and story. that would be AWESOME.

6. Kirk562

Kirk562 Level 0: Newbie

I think you should have, as many have said, a TMNT character or Kirby, even though you hate the requests

7. Anter

Oh, yes thanks. I think it will be cool!

8. UltraOctorock97

UltraOctorock97 Level 0: Newbie

yea, i agree with most people about the character requests. some people dont want them, some do, so, maybe there can be a part where you can upload a character of your own. like: get the sprite sheets, the animations, ect. and post it in. i think THAT would be cool. or a thing where he gives you a bunch of sprite sheets and you could mix n match them to what you want. but, if i could have any character in this game, it would totally be pacman ( i do believe someone else requested that before me) but anyways, there could be pac dots all over and when he picks them up, he can throw them like in pac man world, on the playstation i think. and for the mushroom he could do his little groundpound like thing also from pac man world. which would let him kill the buzzy beetles and such that couldnt otherwise be killed. his fireflower would be a midair attacking flip thing, again from pac man world. (useful for lakitus and such) controls for moves: Groundpound: jump then press the jump button while in the air. throw pac dots: attack button, as well as directions to aim up and down and left and right. midair attacking flip: special button while in the air. oh yea and for getting a star, all the enemies would turn blue-ish and run away from him.

oh and just use the sprites from the original pacman game.

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

OK, please organize your post so it won't look like a wall of stooff.

10. Anter

What about Ninla Crusaders for SMBC?
    [​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Dr. Double

Dr. Double Level 0: Newbie

I'm positive you want 8-bit characters, so that's what i'll be choosing.

1. Bomberman: He could use his signature bombs to blow up goombas!

2. Bonk: This is one of those maybe moments. It would be awesome (he could use his head as his primary weapon). Only problem is his 8-bit sprite isn't up to snuff. But he did make it to the NES, so there.

3. Billy: The moffo from Double Dragon would be a prime candidate for play.

4. Alm: While not many americans recognize this character, he is the hero in Fire Emblem: Gaiden, a franchise that should be given credit.

5. That Guy From Ghosts 'N Goblins: He would be great! Most needed, as he is from a cult classic game.

6. Ice Climbers: They could use their hammers to lay the smackdown!

7. Pit: From Kid Icarus. 'Nuff said.

8. Kirby: I would love to just eat those damned goombas.

9. The Hero From Kung Fu: Need I say why?

10. Snake: From Metal Gear

11. The Prince: From Prince Of Persia

12. Pac-Man: Requested dozens of times.

13. Sonic: Little known fact: he was on the NES for the game Sonic 3D Blast 5

14. Ryu: From the 1st street fighter game.

15. Al Four Ninja Turtles: I'd be suprised if the mean, green, fighting machines didn't get here. After all, they were definatly game-sellers on the NES.

15. Wario: From Wario's Woods

Well, those are my picks. I hope some of these guys make it (even some skins would be good). :)

Mitewing likes this.
  12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That's a pirate game. Apart from that and Ryu (we've already got one), those all look like pretty good suggestions.
    Well . . . maybe not the turtles either. I'd rather we stick to video game characters, not cartoon characters who appeared in video games.

Dr. Double likes this.
  13. Dr. Double

Good point. Thanks for telling me about that sonic game. At least it's not as obvious as "Somari". LOL.

14. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

15. Zyborg

Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Bomberman from the Game Boy game Pocket Bomberman would work. It is already a platformer game, so the sprites for him might partially work.

16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Ninjas with various weapons and animal transformations would rock!

17. Dr. Double

Damn repost.

18. CardiaX

CardiaX Level 0: Newbie

...SEGA merged with Nintendo years ago. But yeah, Sonic would make a great character.

Controls: The controls for Sonic would be similar to Mario's except for a few things.
    Hold "X" to make him run faster. When at top speed, Sonic can run up walls.
    Double tap "X" while moving to make him charge a short distance, damaging enemies in his path.
    When he has the Fire Flower, tap "C" to shoot fireballs (straight like the ones Bowser shoots, not Mario's which bounce on the ground) and when he charges, he leaves a burning trail of fire that damages enemies if they touch it. The fire trail will disappear after two or three seconds.
    Press "Down" twice to curl into a ball. While in a ball, hold "X" to charge up a powerful attack. Release "X" to spinball into enemies. Charging the spin dash will stop Sonic.
    Underwater... you're out of luck... Just kidding! Underwater, Sonic moves a lot slower, so he can't charge. He spins in the water and the movement controls are the same as Mario's.

Appearances:
    Normal: Sonic with a lighter shade of blue.
    Mushroom: Sonic with a darker shade of blue.
    Fire Flower: Sonic with a red/orange color.
    Invincibility Star: Sonic in his hyperactive yellow form.

Music:
    ...I'm still thinking about that. I'll reply to this when I decide on music.

Power Level: 7/10

19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm still opposed to Sonic since he was never on the NES (legitimately, at any rate). Also, I think that such a speed-based character would find the relatively confined level layouts of Super Mario Bros. stifling.

insaneninja likes this.
  20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Sonic Boll may not be an accurate portrayal of how Jay would implement Sonic, but it still proves that this fear is completely unfounded.

Anyway, I doubt it will do much, but I would be remiss not to remind everyone that this is not for suggesting characters.
    This is. (<-- That is totally a link, but I accidentally made it blue and couldn't change it back)
    This thread is for discussing that page.

insaneninja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.