Requested Characters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I didn't think Sonic would work in the layouts of Mario levels either, but it's actually not too bad. The only problem is that there are no loops/springs, there's really nowhere to gain any speed so you have to rely on holding left/right or spindashing.

2. Ian Mallard

Ian Mallard Guest

I have an idea! Wobbuffet should be in the game! The buttons should be mirror coat and counter attack.
    (But if you don't like the idea, it's okay.)

3. insaneninja

insaneninja Level 6: Lakitu

4. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

Sonic would work better if SMBC upgraded to 16 bit.

Speaking of which, if that were to happen, here's my suggestions for 16 bit versions of characters:

Ryu - Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
    Link - BS The Legend of Zelda (Link Version)
    Mario - Super Mario All Stars [Super Mario Bros.]
    Bill - Contra III: The Alien Wars
    Simon - Super Castlevania IV
    Mega Man - Mega Man 7
    Samus - Super Metroid
    SOPHIA III - Blaster Master 2 (Which is actually SOPHIA IV, since III was destroyed between the two games)

A 16 bit version would open up a lot more for characters, don't you think? :)

5. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

Personally I think we should add. . .

THE PROBLEM SHERIFF!!!
    SHAMELESS SELF ADVERTISING FTW!!!

Yeah yeah I know people are supposed to be suggested in the wiki but after looking at that monster of a page on the wiki page I was afraid I would jack something up.

Lack of good sprites I'm afraid:
    [​IMG] No power up.
    [​IMG]:mush: Power up.
    [​IMG]:fire: Power up. (You get an image of a cake if you get the + sign refference.)

:star: changes nothing but the music and just flashes colors like :mario:.

Controls are fairly easy: Left, Right, Up, Down - Movement. Jump - Jumps only as high as Mega Man without Rush.
    Attack -
    Unpowered: Uses RACKSPINE as a small melee attack, equal in range and power of Simon's unpowered whip.
    :mush:: Uses BRICKSHILL as melee, with slightly higher power, can now toss his STETSON as a ranged weapon, similar to Samus' rockets, and jumps as high as :simon: without double jumping.
    :fire:: Can now jump higher, similar to :link:. Can now have TWO STETSON's on screen at a time. BRICKSHILL becomes slightly more powerful, able to defeat a :goomba: in a single hit, :kl:'s with two, :pp:'s with one, and so forth.
    :star:: Can have THREE STETSON's ON SCREEN AT A TIME, immune to any damage besides pitfalls, uses THREATENING SHERIFF STARE as only form of attack. (THREATENING SHERIFF STARE involves a "IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR" type of attack.)

6. VWXY

VWXY Level 2: Koopa

hey, u forgot music:

Overworld-

Underground-

Castle/Bowser-

Night-

Credits-

Underwater-

7. Ian Mallard

Ian Mallard Guest

8. insaneninja

Ian Mallard and aliceandsven like this.
  9. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

Thank you in advance of the video. I'm under the impression that my browser might just not be displaying a needed aspect of the Wiki and the Video should show if that is the case or not.

10. aliceandsven

That would be fabulous, where will you post it?

11. insaneninja

Since it's going to take longer than I thought to upload the video(the ETA is going up),
    I made a step by step guide.
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    I think I will post the video in my sig and in the post above

Rey D and aliceandsven like this.
  12. aliceandsven

Let me know when it's ready and I think I'll add it to the first post of this thread.

13. Spokavriel

Is there any way to get the Videos from the suggestions placed into spoilers. I had a Flash Crash trying to load the page when I went to look again for any sign of the editing options.
    Flash_Crash.PNG

14. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It was the old wiki. Here's the new one (click on the Wiki button from forums or from home).
    But for any flash crash, press F5. :)

15. Spokavriel

Thanks for the link. Any chance of getting someone to go into the old Wiki and pop a link in near the header so people can see a link there for the new? It might solve most of these questions on how to edit.

16. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The old wiki will be deleted when all datas are transfered. Speaking of that, I could have spent time doing this instead of playing Not Tetris 2/Tetris Battle. *facepalm*

17. Spokavriel

::snicker:: We all have ways we could have better used wasted time. Like I could have done Laundry Sunday but then I wouldn't have met as many people yesterday on here.

18. aliceandsven

Thanks to insaneninja we now have a video showing how to edit wiki pages!

Rey D likes this.
  19. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

If stairs are treated as ramps, Sonic can gain speed from them. Also we can have Fire Burst help speed up the gameplay.

Mitewing likes this.
  20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I know Ryu from Street Fighter has been suggested in the wiki, but I recently came across the perfect sprites! SF Alpha for Gameboy Color! How his moves would be implemented would be difficult. Maybe he starts with just Shoryuken. Mushroom adds the Spinning Kick, then Fire Flower adds Hadoken. What do you guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.