Requested Characters - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R. Dash

R. Dash Level 1: Goomba

Why thank you.
    And I just noticed that.
    And AJ would be better for kicking...

2. Zyborg

Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

I would like to suggest a different Dracula/Alucard: Kid Dracula...

3. IAM

IAM Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

after looking at some of the requests, I think many are reasonable and could and should be in the future versions.
    Do not forget, Jay metioned 2 charecters (No specific names were mentioned other than Luigi but we know he is not one of the 2 refered to in the video) he really wanted to develop and will put them in an upcoming version.

4. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Little Mac from Punch-Out. You run around in a pink hoodie, and... that's about it.

5. IAM

Anyone thaught about Bowser at All?

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

7. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Lots of people.

8. IAM

Sometimes I forget about something important that makes me look foolish

9. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Lucario from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and beyond.
    Normal Form: Normal Color, he can shoot small Aura Spheres as his special attack and use Shadow Claw (melee attack) as a normal attack;
    Mushroom Form: Shiny Sprite, or having darker colors, he can charge his Aura Spheres (which will now break bricks), still has Shadow Claw;
    Fire Flower: Red replaces the blue, his Shadow Claw attack can also hit lower ennemies, and his Aura Spheres can charge faster.

10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Alright. Make the sprites and we might talk about it.

11. French rocks

Well...Do you know a free program where I can make sprites?
    Nvm, I'm making them on GameMaker, but how do I publish them here as an image?

12. Rey D

Patron

→ Paint? Basic paint from any Windows version works alright. Just make sure the sprites have only 3 colors which belong to the NES palette.

→ Alright. you have two choices.
    1. You host it on any site, like your personnal site or, most convenient, imageshack, then insert the image URL. Imageshack is really convenient because it gives you the code which only have to paste (and, as an option, delete the "hosted by imageshack").
    2. Just next to "Post reply" is "Upload a file". you can upload your image from your hard disk and then click on "Full Image" (most convenient) or "Thumbnail".
    Is it clear?

EDIT: I forgot to say: NO DOUBLE POST GODDAMNIT!!

13. French rocks

Yeah it is clear, thanks.

14. Rey D

Patron

Please.
    1. "Edit" this post:
    2. Copy its content
    3. "Cancel"
    4. "Edit" this post:
    5. Type " EDIT: " and then paste
    6. "Save changes"
    7. "Delete" this post:
    8. Reason: Double-post.
    Thanks you.

15. French rocks

Here is the link for the album containing all of my Lucario Sprites, there are some with normal colors, some with Lucario's shiny colors, there also are some being red instead of Blue, for the fire flower form, and also sprites for Aura Sphere and Shadow Claw, but you won't see them all, so just zoom.
    http://imageshack.us/g/832/lucarioshinystill2.png/

IAM likes this.
  16. Rey D

Patron

→ Why the hell didn't you make a sprite sheet? But this is only an amateur skin of Mega Man anyway...

17. French rocks

Because I didn't knew how >_>. Oh and btw idk how could you see my megaman sprites, but they are not included. And you didn't even rated the sprites :p.

18. Rey D

Patron

→ I don't get entirely what you meant.
    Basically I can see it's made from Mega Man.
    Rating? It barely looks like Lucario, and its palette doesn't belong to NES and neither SNES. The bullets or whatever they are are weird. I'd say... 3/10?

19. IAM

Those sprites are pretty good after getting a good look at them.They looked odd at first but after looking a little closer then I could see it and it was certantly Lucario.
    Those could be good for a game of your own someday.
    I'm learning how to make games on my own in visual basic. I learn by trial and error and asking other people.
    I put up a form post in Helping each other on this site and so far (5 days) I got no help.
    I have many glithches in my work and have trouble fixing them.
    I just started learning and was hoping someone here could help me.
    I also struggle to find resourses for many things helpful like sound effects and Sprites.

20. French rocks

IAM isn't saying the same, and it looks like you never really saw Lucario often and couldn't really recognize it. I know they are wierd, (and btw these are called Aura Spheres)but I didn't knew how to really make them without making them bigger than Lucario. I know the palette isn't the NES or SNES one, but I didn't knew what was the exact color shade/tint and it's also because I used the colors included in GameMaker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.