Requested Features - Discussion

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Everyone likes this.
  2. Feature Requests

Do you ever reading your facebook wall?))

Kirill Yarovoy (May 1 at 11:48pm) : Jay, can you do game frame just scalable so its vert size would scale to full window??
    Im not sure where did u get this "keyboard dont work in fullscreen, but in my windows downloadable port fullscreen works like charm with keyboard and even gamepad.
    At least Windows Flash Projector dont have such limitation which browser plugin for Mac or Win may have.
    Here the beta you asked me to send you in e-mail (sorry i think direct download more comfortable than e-mail file transfer):
    http://voodooman.gta-action.ru/download ... r_beta.rar

Try to turn on fullscreen mode on by pressing CTRL+F and see what i mean)
    -----
    If you dont mind i would like you to do few cosmetic changes just to indicate gamepad buttons in tutorials in game. Swf file should read from gamepad config which gamepad buttons assigned to S Z X and show names of these buttons instead of s z x.
    Since i integrated Joy2Key it could be done simple - SWF file should read joy2key.ini (named smbcpads.dll for few reasons) first and store
    FileName=%NAME_OF_CURRENT_CONFIG% (this required in case if user will have custom config)
    than swf file should read this %NAME_OF_CURRENT_CONFIG%.cfg
    and check values from these lines
    Button01=1, 5A:00:00, 0
    Button02=1, 58:00:00, 0
    Button03=1, 53:00:00, 0
    Button04=1, 5A:00:00, 0
    Button05=1, 53:00:00, 0
    Button06=1, 58:00:00, 0
    Button07=0
    Button08=1, 31:00:00, 0
    Button09=0
    Button10=0
    Button11=0
    Button12=0 ...

find currently binded in swf key codes values (5A 58 53 ... which are 90=z 88=z 83=s check this doc for help http://help.adobe.com/tr_TR/AS2LCR/Flas ... 00525.html, this required for cases when user changed his default binds) and assign gamepad button names to them like this 90=button01 88=button01 83=button02 .
    After this, according to values UI should display gamepad buttons like (1) (2) (3) (4) instead of keyboard buttons.

In case if config file named 1 Xbox 360 controller.cfg (or just have "Xbox 360" in name) UI should switch to "Xbox 360 ui mode" and display A B X Y LB RB LT RT BACK START LS RS according to table:
    A=B1 B=B2 X=B3 Y=B4 LB=B5 RB=B6 LT=negative Z axis RT=positive z axix BACK=7 START=8 LS=9 RS=10.

in case if no joy2key.ini (which, i repeat named smbcpads.dll for few reasons) exist in same directory where Swf exist, it should not even bother itself with such check.
    But i strongly suggest to add option switch option to turn on\off gamepad ui (and additionally sub-option to turn on-off xbox 360 ui).

For case when user will open Buttons menu, when his UI mode display Gamepad buttons, to avoid any mess, only default keyboard binds should be used (left right up down z x s 1), it should be displayed like this
    (see atach for screenshot)
    [​IMG]

In case if gamepad module file JoyToKey.dll exist in directory, gamepad info should display another text, without link to your site "To configure gamepad profiles click Mario icon in system tray". In case if it not exist, everything described above should be not even initialized (because in any other cases it would be impossible to read button names from anything, so it only makes sense with offline port i did).
    -----

Version number at title screen would be useful) lets call released version 1.0.0.0
    so next version should be 1.0.0.1 if changes are very minor (just some bugfixes), 1.0.1.0 if changes not so minor (bugfixes + few changes in UI), or 1.1.0.0 if changes major (like new characters and features), it will help you and others to figure out which version they have.

3. oloei

oloei Level 1: Goomba

Feature Requests

i think a mute feature would be nice. so you can turn off the music or turn the volum lower.

4. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

Feature Requests

I agree that the version number should be listed, so that if we are discussing bugs/glitches, we can specify in which version we found said bugs. As far as a mute button, it is important to note that when the game is paused, all sound stops. HOWEVER. I would still support a mute button for the following reasons: The character select music cannot be muted, and if I want to do something in between levels that has sound (like YouTube), or I get a call on Skype, I am forced to either quit the game entirely, or start a level, then pause the game, which is a little awkward to do just for some silence. "But Ganymede!" a more rational individual might say, "if you know you're going to be playing the game, why not just allocate some time specifically towards it, when you have nothing else to do?" Fair enough, but there is still one more application for the mute button: When I do a playthrough with, for instance, Megaman, I immediately remember that I have a playlist on my computer with my favorite themes from the first 6 Megaman games, and my brain is like "Hell yes! Dustman's theme would be boss up in this castle!" But I can't mute the game and play my own soundtrack over it. I am sure other people can attest to having been in this situation. (Albeit with far less geeky music tastes.) Anyway, now that I've said in about 200 words what the guy above me said in 20....

5. oloei

oloei Level 1: Goomba

Feature Requests

:D your version is much more accurat, and totaly what i tried to say!

6. Groover

Groover Level 5: Spiny

Feature Requests

Yeah ability to mute sound is very necessary thing. But Jay can make different mute for background music and different mute for characters. You can listening to own music and megaman poing poing.. together ^^

7. overlordmega

overlordmega Level 1: Goomba

Feature Requests

How about Medals?
    One for beating the game, one for turning off the tutorials, etc.
    I think it woul be a cool idea, at the very least.

8. Vinstigator

Vinstigator Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Feature Requests

I told Jay that idea the day after he released Mario crossover and he thinks it's an excellent idea. I told him that if you beat the game with each character, you unlock a different medal. That way it'll give people the incentive to play as every character. Also I had ideas like "beat the game with Simon WITHOUT getting hit!" or "beat the game with Link wihout getting any power-ups and without dying once". Yeah those are some crazy challenges but the hardcore gamers will most likely unlock them. Plus if you've seen some medals on Newgrounds, alot of games have next to impossible challenges to keep the player coming back for more :cool:

9. overlordmega

overlordmega Level 1: Goomba

Feature Requests

Cool, good to hear Jay supports the idea. That's all I needed to hear.

What about different final bosses? Like for each character?

10. Ganymede

Feature Requests

I swear to god, I think my heart stopped for a second when I read that.

11. Vinstigator

Vinstigator Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Feature Requests

I haven't talked to him about the different bosses idea. That might be pretty cool. I was thinking of each character having a different ending theme when you beat the game, that would be a nice touch.

Unlocking that medal will probably give you something like 1,000,000 points. But then again, only a select would be able to unlock it...

12. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Feature Requests

I'd like to put in unlockables and medals in the future, but it probably won't be for a while. That sort of thing will be like the final touches on the game. I think it's more important to get in all the characters, levels, and gameplay modes first.

13. Ganymede

Feature Requests

There are going to be more levels?! :o.o:

14. Groover

Feature Requests

When I reading this I am just excited. I want to play it now ! With plenty of characters and levels. Jay you need big team of programators fast as possible !!!

15. Cid

Cid Level 1: Goomba

Feature Requests

I just can't believe what I've read. More levels!?
    That's just epic.

Back to the topic: Besides a mute button (like most have already posted), I would like a level select option (after beating the game), the ability to change a character's "special" with many other options from their games (maybe with another button), a load option that's available while the menu is brought up during the game (not on the main menu), unlockable characters, Link's sword beam activating in upward and downward thrusts (or maybe when the attack button is pressed while the sword is out, because he can do that in 2D Dungeon sequences in the original game with full health), and lastly, maybe having the game over and ending tunes/scenes similar to the games they come from.

16. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Feature Requests

Well I actually thought that new levels are kinda obvious that they will be added and of my guess for that would be the SMB2j stages.
    And speaking of SMB2j, some spots from that will be really difficult or impossible for other characters. But then again there are always the HELPER platforms for them.
    Seeing SMB2j it given me a BIG ABILITY what is missed out from SMBC. In SMB you have the ability to jump from the enemies. When you press the jump button when you stomp on the enemy, Mario makes a jump from the enemy. I would suggest IF POSSIBLE add in this ability because without it SMB2j stages would be impossible example since there are parts where you need to jump from flying koopa to other flying koopa in order to pass a part.

Also, did you maybe thought about such little secret unlockable option to be able to choose from the Normal and Japanese SMB graphics? 83
    I think that could be an awesome feature!

17. Groover

Feature Requests

Lol imagine Super Mario Bros. Crossover Battle Arena. Uff its long name.

Just single cooperative game for 2 players. And they choose one character to fighting. Who first win 2 fights is official winner. And every character get more health exact to own streng and abilities. Very strong abilities get lower hp.

[​IMG]

18. Blue

Blue Level 2: Koopa

Feature Requests

Groover, in my opinion characters to the Battle Arena should be remade (look at Bill and his spread shooting + eight directions = unbeatable) or obstacles on an arena would be inpenetrable and wisely put all over. I'm more looking forward to second solution to keep refference to originals.

Mario in such pvp would suck, even when speedy jumping all over map.

19. UnknownFox

UnknownFox Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Feature Requests

Only features I can think, and I believe this one has been said before on facebook and maybe even here, a level editor. I mean who doesnt like trying new and different things, only funny thing is I can see a LOT of cruel people out there with next to impossible levels to something almost of this degree.

But just the fact that there would be endless new levels to play through would help with keeping the game fresh long after.

Minor thing to me though, instead of it being Toad at the end of the X-4 levels. Be a character from the game the current character is from or even yet have each world have a different one. Say 1-4 be a metroid, 2-4 a soldier from contra (or the other guy, dunno name) and such.

20. Groover

Feature Requests

Yeah Bill Rizer shooting can be lower damage. Like 1 hit point from 30.

And Super mario fireballs can be 3-5 Damage and his head jump around 10-15 damage + his speed.

And there can be different arenas with lots of boxes and traps. All characters in PVP must be very good balanced lol. But its just imagination ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.