Requested Features - Discussion

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

That brings up a good question about different options for different characters; also I hope there's a song-select in the music playlist options. Nothing pisses me off more than having random music on and having to hear any song from the original Mario (edit: oddly, it doesn't bother me to hear in the first menu) while I'm playing all-random survival mode with a randomly revived and selected character.

But there's also some characters I'd like classic screen scroll off with, such as Simon, while others I think it fits better with it on, like Ryu.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

If a "Bowser special music" were to be applied to SMBC, then what could it be to every character? Samus, Mega Man, Ryu, ...

About Mario's musics in random music set, then... It's the risk of random music, dude.
    Also... Ryu for classic scroll? You should see me playing Ninja Gaiden, going back and forward repeatedly. ;)

ABOUT HOW SKINS ARE GONNA WORK for the next version if I remember well:
    -There will be a few skins for every character, and an unknown number of skins for levels, ennemies and [forgot what else], the whole in-game.
    -To put our skins in game, we'll have to take sprite sheets from the wiki, do the work, and submit it.
    When thinking about it, it seems absurd. There will be another way, I think.

3. 8bitwizard

8bitwizard Level 5: Spiny

4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I was thinking as a general option. I think these features should be available to everyone, even Mario.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  5. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

For Mario, no music would be changed of course. In my opinion, playing as Mario shuold be like playing the original game, down to the last detail, so no music from All-Stars for me.

But for other characters, we already use different music for night levels than the normal overworld theme, and different music for coin heavens than the invincibility theme, so I don't see why can't take it a step further.

I imagine that the different "categories" would be:
    • Selection
    • Overworld
    • Underworld
    • Water
    • Night
    • Castle
    • Water Castle
    • Coin Heaven
    • Coin Dungeon
    • Fake Bowser
    • Final Bowser
    • Stage Clear
    • World Clear
    • Game Clear
    • Credits
    • Low on Time
    • Player Miss
    • Game Over
    If a character doesn't have enough themes to fit all of them, then we could simply use one to fit several. For instance, we don't have to use different themes for the Underworld and the Coin Dungeon, or the different Bowser battles and wins.

If you're willing to push it really far, then you could have different music for the individual levels, not the tilesets. Then it would be much easier to get to use the entire soundtrack of a character.

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  6. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

OR you know hunting down Fan Remix midi's might be able to help fill the holes. Many of them stick to NES possible restrictions.

7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

A lot of people have been using Famitracker to make NES music, and it works so nicely when well done...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.