"Restart Game" option

Discussion in 'Features' started by Frozsoul, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

It would be a nice time-saver if an option could be added to restart the game on the in-game menu screen, which would use the same settings as originally chosen when the game was first started.

huang17 likes this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

The settings don't change as long as you don't refresh the page. If you go to the menu and hit "Quit Game", you just have to reselect the console, difficulty, and mode. I know it isn't the same, but honestly we're comparing a few seconds of your time to what probably amounts for hours for Jay to properly implement this feature.

On the other hand, I do agree that would be really convenient. I just don't see it as worth the time it would take to add versus how convenient it would be.

3. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Certainly if it is very time consuming to implement, then it does not make sense. But I would think it's a relatively quick option to implement compared with other feature requests. I view this request similar to previous requests in 1.2.03 to not have the Exploding Rabbit screen start each time you quit the game. Yes it only took up a few seconds each time, but when you restart the game many times, the time started to add up...especially when you consider the large number of users. When this got changed in 2.0, I noticed the improvement right away.