Request Robot Master skins: Change Overworld theme to match Stage Theme of respective Robot Master

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

In the original SMB, the Overworld theme is arguably the best known music of the Mario series. I believe this should be conveyed with Robot Masters having their Stage Theme also be their Overworld Theme. This would help spice up the existing soundtracks. When I start playing a game with Ice Man, Cut Man, Quick Man, Gemini Man, and any future Robot Master I want to hear their theme first of all.

luigiman64 and Nat like this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

But their themes are, for most at least, already used as level theme.
    How could you set, for example, Ice Man's theme as Overworld, when it's the best choice as Underwater ?

3. Mitewing

Change the Underwater to something else or leave it the same? Each Robot Master would have their unique soundtrack so the theme arrangement won't be 100% the same everytime. Just as long as the Robot Master's Overworld Theme matches their Stage Theme is all I care about. The other levels would be whatever else.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The problem with this is that music is set up by game, not by character. We can't set up unique track lists for characters.

5. Mitewing

Thanks for the feedback. Too bad it can't be done.

6. Marionic12

Marionic12 Level 1: Goomba

I kinda like Quick Man's Underwater Stage theme as Bubble Man's theme.