Role Reversal

Discussion in 'Game' started by Diamond Dust, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Diamond Dust

Diamond Dust Level 2: Koopa

Good day folks,

Has anyone else considered reversing the role of our beloved in game hero Mario with his nemesis Bowser as a variation on your play through? Suppose Mario for once was the one doing the dirty on Bowser kidnapping (is it Bowser's bit on the side) Wendy? The ending scenes for each zone would see your character Bowser face to face with Mario on the usual bridge scenario, perhaps chucking his trademark fire pellets at you. The following scene after the draw bridge is up might see one of the koopa variants such as those from the end of each ship stage on SMB3. With each stage your opponents would generally consist of sprites considered friendly to Mario as opposed to the hoards of goombas et al.

Forgive me if this isn't a unique idea by the way, though I would love to see it happen.

Thoughts?

2. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

i dont know about this, maybe it would fun,or maybe not. Bowser killing his own minions.

3. Diamond Dust

Not sure if you read the full post, or understood it. Bowser wouldn't be killing his own minions.

4. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Ravior has already suggested Bowser as a playable character, and I had been pondering for a while how they would handle enemies in such an implication. Honestly, I'm having trouble coming up with enemies that would normally be supporting characters...at least, nothing in the way of 8-Bit.

5. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Playing as a hammer bro. would be cool. Playing as one of the Koopa Kids from SMB3 would be cool.

I think Bowser and enemies would make great unlockable characters.

6. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

Would be cool as a separate game.

7. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I think it would be fun probably for something like a story mode, there it could fit in very nicely.

8. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

You will find that that "Brothers and Sisters in Christ" guy agrees with you alot.

9. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

10. Diamond Dust

Thanks Please. I am a little unsure how to join/add myself to the group though?