Request Roll Skin: Remove sliding ability

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

After watching a video of Mega Man Mobile, I realized Roll cannot slide. I confirmed this when I looked at her official sprites. She does have the charged shot though.

Rey D likes this.
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

No slide, but permanent charge shot maybe?

Mitewing likes this.
  3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

How about "don't change what isn't broken"?

4. Mitewing

How about only say something when it's constructive?

Rey D and TheomanZero like this.
  5. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

they made quick man not slide, i frankly don't see why they can't put the same on roll

Mitewing likes this.
  6. TheomanZero

Currently Roll functions exactly like regular Mega Man, so altering her gameplay would be an additive change.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Mitewing

You're right. @TheomanZero Your idea would make Roll play 100% exactly like she does in Mega Man Mobile.

8. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I don't think most people have played Rockman Mobile. So most people probably wouldn't get the reference.

9. TheomanZero

As long as they can appreciate a character with a permanent charge shot and no slide, they won't have to.

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Mitewing

I'm sure they haven't, but the Roll skin directly references the game so her gameplay should be changed to show this.

TheomanZero likes this.
  11. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

An important thing to remember with skins is that they were and are primarily simply a means of playing the game with different graphics. Because of this, some skins act just like the base character, despite having the potential for differences, because some people might want to play the game normally as that character but with a different appearance. Roll is a good example of this, as she is a nice female alternative to Mega Man but with identical gameplay.

Mitewing and MissingNo2 like this.
  12. Mitewing

I understand your point and I appreciate all the hard work you did to bring us 3.0. I just think if there's a potential for a character to play more accurately, whether based on actual gameplay (Roll) or special abilities of said character (Robot Masters), it should at least be brought to everyone's attention because they may not be aware of it.