Official Ryu Hayabusa: Mushroom Gaiden

Ryu Hayabusa, from Ninja Gaiden, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What the fuck?! I know I'm pretty bad and die many times, but I play with only keyboards. Sure, I can't do everything in the same time, but I feel comfortable when I play as Ryu. Any keyboarders agreeing with me?

huang17 likes this.
  3. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Where did that quote come from? Besides its easier with the keyboard you get more finger space and Joy sticks can be a pain the ass to set up like mine, I only use it for SF4 and SMBX thats IT. I find it easier to play with a keyboard, so yes I do agree with you Rey D.

huang17 likes this.
  4. Rey D

Patron

It's from the
    just above, in aliceandsven's post. I read the entire interview.

5. aliceandsven

Apparently this game was designed to be played with a gamepad. But I've been playing PC games forever with a keyboard. Keyboards are more adaptable to many different kinds of games. I think it's just a matter of which you have more experience with.

huang17 likes this.
  6. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I don't find it to be too much of a difference for me either way. I could use both. I really find a gamepad to be required when playing a fighting game of course.

So....how about Ryu's ninja magic? Would love to see some of that in this game!

7. NanTheDark

NanTheDark Level 2: Koopa

About Ryu... I think he should throw his shurikens by pressing Up+Attack, like in his game. It's not very NES-like if you have 3 buttons instead of two (A and B)

8. Rey D

Patron

I do the same way.
    Edit: Eh? I meant "I know it too".

Well, if you want to throw shurikens with ↑+Attack, just play the original game (if they do use ↑+Attack to do it). I'm not insulting or anything. I just mean that we're not playing NES games but Super Mario Bros. Crossover. And in SMBC, there are 3 action buttons. Anyway, we unfortunately cannot connect NES pads to computers.

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Making it like the original game may help if Jay adds more abilities. I just think the 3rd button as the select button.

10. Rey D

Patron

Hey, that's kind of idea! But I don't know if Ryu can have MORE abilities than he already has. What could make him more powerful? Fire spells?

11. NanTheDark

NanTheDark Level 2: Koopa

Well, SMBC is a tribute to the NES games. If it had 2 action buttons it would be more like the NES control scheme. It's not necessary, the game is amazing as it is, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to implement some kind of option to play with 2 action buttons so it controls like the original games.

It could be like a select button. Having different abilities could work by giving him a different ability depending of Ryu's state, like getting a Windmill Shuriken when he picks up a mushroom, or something like that.

12. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Why doesn't Ryu get the fire Jutsu when picking up a fire flower? Wouldn't that make more sense?

13. aliceandsven

We're still at a stage where all of the characters are still being fleshed out. In the last update Samus finally got her Missiles. I'm guessing all the characters will be slowly outfitted with some/most of their additional abilities over the course of the remaining updates.

NeedsMoreStuff likes this.
  14. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

It should have a cheat to make his attacks stun enemies.

15. Rey D

Patron

Yeah, something like that would be useful.

16. aliceandsven

17. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I'm just saying, Simon gets flame whip, Mega Man gets fire attack and Mario gets fireballs. Why doesn't Ryu get fire jutsu? For that matter, how come he has both ordinary and windmill shuriken at the same time?

18. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I've always wondered why Ryu's windmill shriuken doesn't go at normal speed. I mean, the current speed is so laggy, and it goes a greater distance. The regular speed should be jump, duck, jump, duck. Not jump jump duck jump duck jump jump and repeat.

Anyone else notice this?

19. aliceandsven

"I'm just saying, Simon gets flame whip, Mega Man gets fire attack and Mario gets fireballs. Why doesn't Ryu get fire jutsu?"

Oh yeah I see. Yes the normal shuriken is very underwhelming in my opinion, it works as a basic ability, but it's not hard to get a mushroom.

20. wingfin

wingfin Level 1: Goomba

I agree with this. pressing Up+Attack will be better. And so do Simon