Official Ryu Hayabusa: Mushroom Gaiden

Ryu Hayabusa, from Ninja Gaiden, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I was thinking he could cling to the platforms and any unbreakable non-question mark bricks, like in the castles. Hopefully, they will add most, if not all, the missing gameplay mechanics with all characters in the update.

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I've suggested the NG3 ceiling cling for Ryu before, and I believe that jumping on top of the platform should be limited to the thin, girder-like platforms (the moving/falling/scale platforms) since you could only jump up through thin platforms in NG3.

Scorpion42 and Mitewing like this.
  3. Mitewing

Scorpion42 and TheomanZero like this.
  4. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

So i've been traveling around the game as Ryu for awhile and haven't been able to find the song that I loved that was in previous versions. For some reason it got replaced. I was wondering if the song in the video below is in the game, and where:

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

NES Ryu is a Ninja Gaiden 1 skin.

6. Mitewing

Like Lance, Ryu's father should be added as a skin. His music could NG 2 or 3, and Ryu could be NG 1.

7. Uprising

Then why have the music in the first place?

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I see you don't get it. Here is how it happened:

Ver. 1.0 : Characters, multi game music
    Ver. 1.1 : Characters, multi game music
    Ver. 1.2 : Characters, multi game music
    Ver. 2.0 : Characters with skins, one game music per skin

9. Uprising

Alright, I kind of understand now, but still the Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 skins were fairly similar.

10. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Regardless of how similar the skins are, we can only assign one music set per console type to a skin, and the Ninja Gaiden Ryu skin uses the music from the first Ninja Gaiden game.

11. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

NG2 had the clone thing, right?
    So we put in a skin of that so that we can have some NG2 awesome.

Scorpion42 and Mitewing like this.
  12. Mitewing

There's also the Ryu doppelganger in NG3. I think his suit is a darker shade of purple.

Scorpion42 and Faruga like this.
  13. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

And In Ninja Gaiden 3, There are some assassins that look very similar to Ryu in the first level, but with a raised arm, and a red suit.

Mitewing likes this.
  14. Mitewing

I remember those guys now. I think I requested for it in the skins thread.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  15. Scorpion42

I ripped them from the Virtual NES
    Ninja.png
    I started doing a skin, but quickly realised it's not nearly as simple as it looks.

Alkerion and Mitewing like this.
  16. Mitewing

It appears they look at lot like Ryu except for the head and arms. I would see if you can simply use Ryu and then make the necessary changes.

17. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Since it's been established that SMBC's Ryu is based on his Ninja Gaiden 1's appearance, I was just wondering if something like this could ever be done someday, even if it has to be in SMBC's final release:

As some of you may remeber, everytime you lose your last life in Ninja Gaiden 1, something like this happens:

anigif2.gif
    before the "Game Over" screen appears, the background starts flashing and changing colors (not sure if randomly). Its kind of silly to ask something like this, but: could this effect be brought back in SMBC?

Mitewing likes this.
  18. Mitewing

Some people were trying to make Modern Day Ryu skins, but I think they were abandoned. Maybe they can be used with music for NG2 and NG3.

19. Scorpion42

I don't like modern day in SMBC very much, and using NG2 and 3 music for a Ryu simulating his Modern Day form wouldn't work, since his modern day form is a total reboot, and technically has nothing to do with those.

Plus, I've made progress:
    Ninja.png
    SO MUCH PROGRESS :eek:

Alkerion, TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  20. Mitewing

Then this is how the music can be set up:
    Jo/Ken Hayabusa: NG1
    Ryu: NG2
    Enemy Ninja: NG3

Scorpion42 likes this.