Official Ryu Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by CuvisTheConqueror, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Here's a game I never knew existed until now. It's an NES Ninja Gaiden prequel for mobile phones only released in Japan. Ken/Jo is the final opponent in this game. This is another reason he should added as a skin.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

... I don't get it. It's just a bunch of green Ryus with the occasional brown Ryu.

3. Mitewing

There's more enemies than that, plus when I read about these enemies (except Ryu's father, of course), are illusions that were created for Ryu's training/test.

4. MissingNo2

... And this shows skin potential... how?

5. Mitewing

He's a minor, albeit, an important character in the series. Maybe he can play like Haggle Man or more of an NG1 gameplay feel to him to make him unique. He's definitely more important than the Ryu clone. He has appeared in 3 classic games and a couple of the modern ones. I envsion him as Ryu's version of Lance.

6. Mitewing

7. Christian Lee Gilley

Christian Lee Gilley Level 3: Paratroopa

seeing as how some skins differ when it comes to stance, attach & whatnot. If anyone has played Ys 3 Wanderers from Ys, Adol would be a decent skin for Ryu. Genesis & SNES both) Would work better as a Ryu Skin than a Link skin (Size Difference), seeing as how Adol has a Different type of Downward Thrust, the ability would probably be given.

Thinking of this, Wouldn't Adult Link fit as a Ryu Skin?
    though Thrusts would be an ability, & maybe some edited sprites when Ryu's weapons are used.
    Opinions?

8. MissingNo2

Adult Link was already made as a Simon skin. Get that through yer' head.

9. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

Why not make a 16-bit Link in Simon-style at the Simon Skins page? :blank:

Mitewing likes this.
  10. Mitewing

I'm not familiar with the Ys characters, but Adult Link does appear to work best with Simon. There's not a way to add thrust maneuvers unless he's a new character.

Speaking of Adult Link, whether he's a skin or character, a 16 bit is a great idea. A GB version is possible if the colors from the retro Link in the Oracle games is used.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy/legendofzeldaoracleofseasons/sheet/8931/

11. MissingNo2

Why don't YOU?

12. Mitewing

It could be any number of reasons. He was simply making a request. No need to be rude.

Dimpsy likes this.
  13. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

I tried it. The graphics come from Super Mario Bros. X.

Mitewing likes this.
  14. Mitewing

Right. That's the only game I know that has those sprites. What do you think about my idea for a Gameboy Adult Link?

15. MissingNo2

Pointless. Why do you think every skin needs every variant?

16. Mitewing

It isn't pointless. It just shows I care about a finished, completed product. I don't think EVERY skin needs every variant. When it comes down to it, there are three main official skin types: 8bit, 16bit, and handheld. There should be a variant for every primary/secondary character in a specific franchise, especially if there's official versions. That's why there should be each version for Drs. Wily, Light, Cossack, Roll, Quint, and the Robot Masters. Also, Zelda II Link since he's an important playable character in the franchise. Special skins like SMBS and Atari I'll concede should only be for the main playable characters. It's just the quality of the game I'm thinking about.

17. MissingNo2

I on the other hand think this should be ONLY done if there's an official version. Especially when it comes in regard to music selection, this becomes an issue.

18. Mitewing

Then, SOPHIA III should have never been added in the first place. Custom music HAD to be created and custom sprites were as well. Trevor has a GB skin although the games never had him as playable, but yet Simon doesn't. Most Robot Masters appeared either 16bit or GB/NGP versions, but some like Quint does not. I agree the majority of the time official versions should be greatly considered. But it's best to look at exceptions on a case by case basis, especially considering music and gameplay changes as well.

19. MissingNo2

SOPHIA was added to the game BEFORE the skin plans, and exceptions have been made occasionally. That does not mean they should ALL have the same setup when, in the end, something like a GB Adult Link is just plain redundant.

20. Mitewing

For a skin of Simon, probably so. But if he's ever a separate character then no. Anyway, this thread needs to be put on track for Ryu skins.