Official Ryu Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by CuvisTheConqueror, Jan 28, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

NG3 Ryu.png
    Okay, here's Ryu using his Ninja Gaiden 3 sprites.

At first I thought this was just a matter of adding the scarf to Ryu's sprites, but once I started, I discovered that Ryu's NG3 sprites actually have a lot of subtle differences to those used in NG 1 & 2. The position of his head and feet and the size of his arms and legs is different in most of the sprites. Rather than just editing the existing skin, I ended up pasting the NG3 sprites into the template and recoloring them to the FCEUX palette.

But the point is, we have an 8-bit Ryu with a scarf now! Also, these sprites actually fit the perspective of SMB better (note that the feet are now even, rather than staggered).

Seeing these sprites makes me want to edit my 16-bit Ryu too . . . but that would take a LONG time, so maybe later.

Triton37, Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Love this! I'm surprised they've never added this. Keep up the great work.

Faruga likes this.
  3. Mitewing

Do you think adding the scarf to the portrait is a good idea or not? I'm undecided.

Faruga likes this.
  4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, the way I'm picturing it right now it just sticks out awkwardly and looks bad. But maybe I'm not picturing it correctly? I think a mock-up is needed here.

Faruga likes this.
  5. Mitewing

JoMamma and Scorpion42 like this.
  6. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

I would've loved to see this one in, in fact, I tried to make it once, but most of its sprites are too big compared to Ryu's:
    Dibujo.PNG
    Not to mention, he has no power-ups other than his claws, so Ryu's jutsus would've been complicated to do.

JoMamma and Mitewing like this.
  7. Mitewing

Good to know. I thought it would be great if it was possible. Actually he does have one power up. It's a gun though.

8. Hydroper

Hydroper Level 1: Goomba

I support all thread skins, awesome!

9. Mitewing

Faruga likes this.
  10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

11. Mitewing

Wonderful job Mitsy! He appears to be the same height as GB Ryu so this should work. I believe the skins should be as close to the original sprites as possible. Hopefully this will be added if anything else is done with SMBC.

mitsymckenzie777 and Faruga like this.
  12. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I'm glad you like it. I'm thinking about working on a few others just in case Jay solves the lag problem. Also If he needs them for anything I have my finished skins archived.
    But I hope this Shadow skin gets put to good use. Also the colors are the same for both Shadow skins so I don't think any altering will be needed color wise.

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Mitewing

I'm curious about your finished skins archive. What do you have? There's a list of skins, most that were on the wiki, that I feel would complete what's currently in SMBC, like SNES and GB versions of certain existing skins.

14. Mitewing

15. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Mitewing

Someone already made a skin from that game.

I actually found sprites for the male ninja.

http://spritedatabase.net/game/722

17. Mitewing

Wondering if any more work has been done to these? I would like to add the powerups are circles in NG3.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015