Official Samus Aran: Authorized for Discussion

Samus Aran, from Metroid, is a playable character in Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Jay has announced officially that before the next major update of SMBC, he will be releasing an entirely new game on Exploding Rabbit. He's also said that the next major SMBC update will include The Lost Levels and two new characters (actual characters, not just new skins).
    Also, if Jay kept adding new characters every few months, the game would become bloated and unmanageable.

2. Overlord

Overlord Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

If you make a game like this then you can say if it would be "bloated and unmanageable" plus I said items. Like one every few months.

As for a new game then that would be cool.

Edit: Doesn't have to add the whole world but still. lol

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Ok wow there's a seriously misunderstanding here.

It's known that ER is working on a new original game, focus is shifting from SMBC to that.

It's known that a little more work will be done on SMBC here and there and this includes (supposedly) Lost Levels and two new characters.

You're going to have to direct everyone to where it was said that the NEW GAME would be released BEFORE that update...

sbq92 likes this.
  4. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

And this is being discussed on Samus' thread.
    Take it easy, remember she has no clearance to complain about it.

aliceandsven likes this.
  5. TheomanZero

Wait, what? I seriously thought Jay said that.

6. Overlord

D: That Adam!

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I don't think he ever actually said it would be released before "3.0" (or whatever update will have LL). Also, I think the two new characters are coming before the version with LL (I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it). LL is just supposed to be the next (and final?) major update. The characters could easily come sooner than that.

TheomanZero likes this.
  8. TheomanZero

Okay, I guess I misunderstood. I thought the idea was that he was going to take a break from SMBC to work on his new game. I apologize for spreading misinformation.

9. sbq92

Well, Jay and Zach are currently taking a break from working on SMBC and are working on getting the new game underway, but it's a much larger project that I suspect won't be done for quite some time (the last time I communicated with Zach about it, he said they're still mainly getting used to the program they'll be using, and this was at most just a couple weeks ago).

Their current break is only intended to be for a few months, after which they'll come back and focus on SMBC for a bit, and doing things such as getting skins into the game, perhaps some more work on the new characters, more bug fixes, etc.

But anyway, Samus! Metroids! Bombs! Hyper Beam! :awesome:

10. aliceandsven

Does Samus still flash rainbows when she gets a starman?

I always thought it would be fun if she got a temporary Hyper Beam during starman... maybe replace the starman with a metroid sprite?

BABY for SMBC!!

11. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

I think it would be really cool to see Metroids as enemies in the game, or as an easter egg for Samus skins. There's a line to draw to keep it from becoming different, or altering the core gameplay - but the visual would be nice.

12. aliceandsven

I'm hoping that in Unity we can seperate the skins in a way that lets them have different functions. It's great the way it is but it's still kind of awkward to play NES samus with the SNES skin. It needs those extra animation sprites.

13. sbq92

This could perhaps be a way of including SMB3 Mario, with SMB3 physics and perhaps shell holding/kicking.

14. Overlord

World would forever be my favorite :D There should be a Yoshi added to the game lol

Anyways, what if Metroid's flew in the background? Like it's a Metroid invasion! XD But they don't attack you, you can just see it.

15. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

So am I correct in understanding that the Metroid that appears when you beat the game as Samus is, in fact, THE BABY?

Scorpion42 and Mitewing like this.
  16. ZeroEdgeir

ZeroEdgeir Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

There hasn't been any other Metroid in the game's franchise that has been a major concern for Samus, sort of annihilation, so I think it is safe to assume yes.

17. Lilfut

18. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

XD

Faruga and Scorpion42 like this.
  19. Lilfut

it's also an anagram for Mother because THE BABY THE BABY BOTTLE SHIP THE BABY BABY'S CRY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY BOTTLE SHIP THE BABY THE BABY SHIP'S CRY

Scorpion42 likes this.
  20. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

Just decided to play again due to 2.1, and I noticed that Samus still doesn't have star music. I think this would work really well for her, at least on the 16-bit skins (BTW, great job optimizing the sound emulation, Jay -- I can actually play with 16-bit music now!). And there are Famitracker versions of it floating around too, which could work for the 8-bit skins...