Considering Samus: Freezing and Screw Attack modifications

Discussion in 'Features' started by Teppic, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Teppic

Teppic Level 1: Goomba
    Patron

Ice beam - Shouldn't unfreeze indestructible enemies with a second shot, just like in Metroid.

Screw attack - Should be able to destroy frozen enemies, except indestructible enemies (like bullet bills). Shouldn't be able to destroy indestructible enemies, you should just go through them like in Metroid.

Would also like to hear the "indestructible sound" repeatedly when you go through an indestructible enemy, or one that's frozen. That's a minor detail though, and isn't really that important, but it would make it more Metroid like.

Draken, Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  2. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Perhaps this post should get merged with this. This shouldn't take up a whole thread. It's still good ideas though!

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I approve of these, except for the Screw Attack not being able to kill Bullets Bill. That would greatly decrease its usefulness. I'm pretty sure it was made an armor-piercing attack specifically to kill Bullets Bill.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I think it would be better (and more faithful to the source game) if Samus stayed in morphball mode whenever she enters a pipe while in morphball mode. Currently, the game reverts to normal mode just as she enters a pipe.

5. TheomanZero

That would be nice . . . but currently, everyone uses their standing sprite when going into a vertical pipe, and their walking sprites when going into a horizontal pipe. This could cause complications, coding-wise.

6. TheomanZero

Okay, it's been a few days, so I'm double posting.
    A new speedrun of the original Metroid on speeddemosarchive.com reminded me that you could freeze the claws and spikes Kraid shoots at you with the Ice Beam. How about in SMBC, Samus can freeze Hammers with the Ice Beam? (Maybe Bowser's fireballs too?) And like Podoboos and other indestructible enemies, they shouldn't unfreeze with a second shot. (Podoboos being freezable was suggested in another thread.)
    EDIT: You could also freeze Ridley's fireballs, so . . . yeah, Bowser's fireballs too.