Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Post skins for Samus Aran in this thread.
    Here's the template (if the one on the Wiki's up-to-date, so is the one here):
    [​IMG]
    And I was like, HOW THE HECK CAN THIS NOT EXIST YET
    Anyway, I made a Fusion skin [credit to Omegakyogre (Samus), ChaøsMilesØ7 (bomb, beam and missile and possibly X parasites), Lexou (possibly X parasites), Ngamer 01 (possibly X parasites), Deathbringer (bomb tank) and me (small versions of X parasites and missile)]:
    Metroid Fusion.png

2. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Oh wow, epic way to start! I'm really looking forward to the Ciel skin.

Ravior likes this.
  4. Keke

Keke Level 2: Koopa

Zero suit Samus. It's still a WIP because I want to change the bullet sprites, but I can't find good references.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

We tried a metroid zero mission skin, which is the same art style, and it looked pretty bad because it didn't match the style of the other graphics in the game. It'd probably be the same for this one.

狂人さん and Rey D like this.
  6. thecatreturns123

thecatreturns123 Level 9: Spike Top

[​IMG]

Snapple Jack has no need for a hit box!d

EDIT: Also, how will we have different power-up skins for Samus? Because there's only mushroom level on the template. I assume we create three skins and each gets assigned a different power-up level, which is cool, but I don't know for sure.

狂人さん and Anter like this.
  7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

8. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

Wow, that Ciel Sprite is great. She translates surprisingly well to 8-bit. I agree with Rey D, though. It might be better if her arm cannon looked more like a gun, since many of the MMZ Resistance members carry guns rather than arm cannons.

Of course, that may not work. Arm cannon's are cool too.

Ravior likes this.
  9. Ravior

That's a very good idea. I'll see what I can do, since the arm cannon looks a little odd in the other sprites.

10. Ravior

11. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know for sure, but it looks like the power-up system is different now. Rather than each character having three different power-up levels, it looks like each character has a standard appearance, and they each pick up power-ups that might modify the sprite's palette. Mushrooms now appear to just be extra hits. I could be wrong, though. Jay or Zach will need to chime in on this. :)

thecatreturns123 likes this.
  12. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Has the ER team done a Pit skin for Samus yet?

13. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Not yet, as far as I know.

14. Faruga

Patron

I WILL RITE NAO
    EDIT:
    Pit.png
    Not very complete yet, but it's a start.

15. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Looks alright. Duck sprites should be used for the Morph Ball as well, for Pit's goofy slide. (If bombs are really necessary for him, then maybe they could be a Centurion or Mallet?) Maybe Jay could give Pit a slight gameplay tweak for that like Protoman? I'm sure he knows how it works, so there's no need to explain.

Items: Varia should be Strength Arrow/Mirror Shield/Protective Crystal? High Jump should be Wings of Pegasus, not Angel Feather. Maybe Wave Beam should be Flaming Arrow? Just some thoughts.

16. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Okay so I finished a NEW Skin. This time,guess who,METAL MAN FROM MEGAMAN 2!
    [​IMG]
    He is supposed to play like the Metal Blade and himself kinda do. So the closest character Metal Man can replace is Samus. So yeah I used a Red Metal Blade for most of it,mostly for Metal Man himself,like the Screw Attack and Morph Ball.

17. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

That is the best skin I've seen so far. that's just awesome.

18. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah I may even think about doing Mega Man Robot Masters as SMBC Characters. Like I done for Metalman sorta. Also Bass and Megaman will stay the same because they're from Mega Man,also Bass is a Wily creation.

19. Faruga

Patron

Pit.png
    Made an attempt at shrinking some artwork and recolouring it and editing it for the picture, not totally satisfied with it. What do Flaming Arrows look like in-game? I think they might work for the missiles. (Also, the guy who ripped these is anonymous, according to tSR.)

david lindo maldonado likes this.
  20. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Wait, what? How is Proto Man's gameplay different? I didn't hear about this.