Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

His bullets come from a couple pixels down cause that's where his buster is.

2. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

Here's the sprite sheet with mostly everything being transparent:

[​IMG]

3. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

His beam is lower.

You might run out of arrow types coming up with things for the different beams. If so, it might be a good idea to use his Mallet for Missiles. In the game, he pulls his bow drawstring back to use Mallets (though it isn't normally a projectile) and it uses an ammo system like Missiles. That would leave the Centurions for bombs.

Another idea for the death "particles"... I don't know if this would work visually... but it might be funny to see his "I'M FINISHED!" text fall out of him. Even if it is just barely readable, I think anyone that's played (and lost :awesome:) Kid Icarus before would get a kick out of it, if the gag works. (Looking at the sheet, you could fit it three letters at a time with two unused spaces, but that's fine since two pairs of particles seem to overlap in her death.)

[​IMG]

4. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

I'm making a Samus skin based on this pic I found lurking around the Internet:
    [​IMG]

I call it "Power Zero Suit Samus".

5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

403 Forbidden

6. Sergy92

Hm? I can see it perfectly clear.

7. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

8. Sergy92

9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I found a good colorization of Samus' Metroid II sprites on The Spriter's Resource. I actually think these would be better GB sprites than her current ones, but they can be a skin if nothing else. It says no reposting, so I'll link to it instead:
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/metroid/sheet/17040
    EDIT: On closer examination, I think these might actually be her current sprites. Never mind.

10. Sergy92

And, as promised, here's my Power Zero Suit Samus skin (Portrait and duck-'n'-shoot sprites WIP).
    samussmbc.png

10-2-2012 update: Finished the portrait. Does anyone know where can I find the duck-'n'-shoot sprites that Justin Bailey Samus uses?

Dameon_Schnider and uglyrodent like this.
  11. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Power Zero Suit...

Does she carry it in a briefcase like Tony Stark? (assuming she's authorized for briefcases)

Omicron, sbq92 and uglyrodent like this.
  12. uglyrodent

You ever think to yourself "What if A Boy and His Blob was in SMBC?" before realizing that such a game would be clunky and terrible in a fast paced platformer, ultimately resulting in you falling into a deep depression and becoming a crack addicted alcoholic until you're shot to death by the man your dealer made you fight for your next high? WELL WORRY NO MORE! The boy has replaced Samus and the Blob is bringing the support.

WHOOPS FORGOT THIS SHIT WHEN I POSTED
    -The suit with the varia colors doesn't normally have anything, so I put it there to save space.
    -There's no slot for the climbing sprites for no reason, but Boy and His Blob totally has climbing sprites.
    -Deleted stuff that doesn't appear in game. I could have left it unchanged, but it made more sense to delete it at the time for some reason.
    -Lots of stuff was resized in slight ways, so if you're really familiar with the game, and it looks off, then it is.
    -I'm not familiar with the game, please forgive me if I did anything nonsensical D:
    -The portrait is derpy as fuck. I like the head, which is bad but not godawful, but I really can't do shoulders or necks =_=; If anyone wants to redo it, go right the fuck ahead.

Attached Files:

13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Climbing sprites go between morph ball and crouch. Says so on the Wiki.

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  14. aliceandsven

MOTHER FUCKIN' BLOB BOY!!!!!!!

uglyrodent likes this.
  15. uglyrodent

Added the climbing sprites for the Boy (not sure what to call him).

Attached Files:

16. Sergy92

Complete version of Power Zero Suit Samus with duck-'n'-shoot and climbing sprites finished:

samussmbc.png

My next project will probably be a Rosalina skin for Mario or Luigi.

17. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'd really love to see 8bit and 16bit versions of Modern Zero Suit Samus.

18. Sergy92

Second. Either if it's Brawl or Other M styled...

19. aliceandsven

Is Power Zero Suit canon? Looks neato.

20. Sergy92

I'd wish, but it isn't. It's based on this pic I found in the Internet.

powerzerosuitsamus.png