Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

dube awesome

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Check the attachments. I mentioned these in another thread.

Attached Files:

TheomanZero likes this.
  3. Mega Man Model T 101

Mega Man Model T 101 Level 2: Koopa

Hello everyone. I'm new here but I'm distributing a skin to use for Samus. It needs a bit of work still, it's a bit of a WIP. This sprite is actually a rip I did from the hacked Version of Metroid 2, done by Shaktool. I edited the profile pic a little, since it's supposed to be used for the Snes graphics as I noted the Snes sprites are in fact the Game Boy sprites of Metroid 2, so I figured why not use the game boy hacked sprites? And I also slightly recolored the riding elevator sprite, it still looks like GB sprites, but I have most of the coloring down for that single sprite. I figured I'd finish that sprite fully first before I continue to edit the rest.

If anyone can help me finish this skin, or give me some possible pointers, I'd greatly appreciate it. Since this is supposed to be for Snes graphics, all we need to is edit the character itself, since Jay already has the needed equipment sprites for the Snes Samus done, no need for us to tinker with them.

Attached Files:

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ It looks nice! However... Samus with robotic eyes?

→I'm trying to understand these two lines. What do you mean by that?

5. Mega Man Model T 101

Well, for the first line, the for the Snes graphic mode in the game, I noticed that the Samus sprites, while they look like the sprites from Super Metroid, they aren't, they are the sprites from Metroid 2 for game boy, just colored very detailed to look like the Snes sprite, but each frame is in fact from the Game Boy game.

Second line, I mean that all we have to edit is the character, not the items since all the items already have the Snes skins. Basically I'm trying to make an Suitless Snes styled Samus skin.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, if you want to be REALLY technical, their the Super Metroid style and several sprites, with many custom frames made to look like the Metroid 2 spritesheet's poses.

Rey D likes this.
  7. Mega Man Model T 101

True enough I suppose. Still I was able to recognize the running, jump spin ect as the GB animations. If anyone can help me recolor and detail this suitless sprite and work on the shooting frames to make an SNES Suiltless Samus for Jay to use I'd appreciate it. I have some ideas but I'd like some more professional tips if anyone can give em.

8. Rey D

Patron

→ Oh I just checked and I guess you're right!

→ I guess so. However, if you submit that skin, there should be something so it's obvious it needs the SNES sprites.

9. Mega Man Model T 101

Well, if you look at the profile pic, I didn't realize it before for the Nes suitless Samus, but it is indeed the same sprite from Super Metroid, just turned very 8 bit, I didn't recognize it until I cut the same head image from an existing sheet and tweaked the neck and shoulders.

Might have been easier to show what I intended if I had access to the Snes template of Samus to save confusion.:confused:

10. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

No. It's a visor.

11. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I didn't know that! That's actually very clever. I thought Super Metroid Samus was too tall for SMBC, and it seems Jay already thought of a way around that!

12. Rey D

Patron

→ A visor? Where is it coming from? She's got a hidden headset or something?

13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, in one of Super Metroid's endings, she's wearing some sort of headgear under her helmet. (It doesn't show up when she takes off her helmet in any other games, though.)
    [​IMG]

14. Mega Man Model T 101

Well, updated it a bit, but I ain't exactly happy with how it looks. I don't have the color technique to change it into SNES style, I can just make it look like Nes style, and that's not what I'm aiming for.:oops:

Can anybody help me with this or give me some ideas on what to do? I'd really like to get this in the proper coloring and can be used by Jay.

Attached Files:

15. Faruga

Patron

We colour it like the GB skins in the game and submit it as a Game Boy skin.
    Afterwards, we shade it so that it looks Snessy and put it up as a SNES skin.
    The reason why I say "we" is because I'm interested in this.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Rey D

Patron

Well I'm pretty sure you'll have to dig up some SNES palettes so it has the colors to be SNESsy.

17. Faruga

Patron

This was finished (possibly) an hour ago, but I forgot to post it.
    Metroid 2 Hack Samus.png
    I had to eat lunch halfway through.

18. Mega Man Model T 101

Boy am I DUMB! I had accidentally submitted the previous sheet twice! No one to blame but myself for that one. Oie.:blank:

But thanks for the help Mario-Fan, and thanks for the advice. Now I know what to do later should I want to submit another skin. Although I doubt it'll be as awkward and complex as this one.

19. Faruga

Patron

Wait, what? Did you already finish the colouring or something? *insert confused emote here*

20. Mega Man Model T 101

Well, I only colored it about halfway, and I was still missing animations, so you finished it up actually, and have the arm canon colored better than I did. All that's left now is to make her climbing animation. Hmmmm, wonder how we can make that.