Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

We also need colours for the Morph Ball.

2. Mega Man Model T 101

Mega Man Model T 101 Level 2: Koopa

EDIT

Alright, I recolored the Morphball, but I realized you used the coloring of the arm cannon that I did originally, not your fault since I wound up not uploading the correct file, but I'm including the one you did and the one I did.

Attached Files:

3. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

K, this is my first skinning effort. I uploaded to the wiki my skin to make Samus into Kevin Keene, from the Captain N cartoon/comics of yore. Feedback is appreciated.

[​IMG]

Frozsoul, ThomasMink and sbq92 like this.
  4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I think it's brilliant! :D I can't think of anything that needs changing, unless you wanted to change the power-ups, but otherwise it's great!

5. Faruga

Patron

I can't see any Morph Ball...
    What we did should be the GB version and they should be recoloured more extremely for the SNES.

6. Mega Man Model T 101

Gosh darn it I did it again! Garrr!

Ok, now I uploaded the correct one. A hundred % positive now. Oie. Anyway, alright, I understand a more drastic color edit will need to be done. But I'm still not the best for it.

Attached Files:

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

The only thing that looks odd to me is her front-facing sprite -- the arms seem kinda noodly, especially her right arm. Other that that, it looks good.

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. Mega Man Model T 101

That was how the hack was done, if someone can professionally edit it, feel free.

9. TheomanZero

Sorry, I wasn't familiar with the hack.

10. Mega Man Model T 101

I know, I'm just sayin. No harm done or offense taken.;)

11. Faruga

Patron

:D
    I did some work on the items. Can someone get me the Game Boy versions of Samus' explosion thingies?

Attached Files:

12. Mega Man Model T 101

Neato! And which explosion thingies, do you mean Samus' death animation or the death of the enemies? The missiles themselves don't have any explosion things, but the death of the enemies are a white circle of sorts, going by the Game Boy deaths. Hmmm, I might be able to get the explosion of her bombs blowing up, can probably double for the explosion of the missile then.​

13. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I just wish there was a SNES style skin for Justin Bailey Samus. Not necessarily the Zero Suit version. Especially if it looks anything like the best ending of Super Metroid.

14. Faruga

Patron

I mean both. God, this would be ten times easier if Zach just - *gets idea and messages Zach*

15. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It's weird that no one has really done this yet. I know the "Justin Bailey" version that is being worked on is meant to be SNES-style, but it doesn't look like Super Metroid style. Once we have access to the NES "Justin Bailey" suit (to use as either a base of a reference), I may take a crack at it, though I don't necessarily have a lot of time...

Rey D likes this.
  16. Faruga

Patron

Speaking of which...
    Metroid 2 Hack Samus.png
    Check the Wiki.

17. Mega Man Model T 101

Sweeeeeet, this is turning out nicely!

Faruga likes this.
  18. Faruga

Patron

Note the climbing sprites though...

19. Mega Man Model T 101

Yeeeahhh, I did notice that, but other than that everything is just about ready. Hmmmm. We'll see what we can do.

20. TheomanZero

You might want to fix those bomb sprites, by the way -- the current Samus GB skin is actually using the wrong ones. Those are Samus' Spider Ball sprites.