Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Well that is pretty disappointing.

Maybe someone will eventually acknowledge the actual retro analogue to dark Pit.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

http://www.kidicaruswiki.org/Putt

I found him. He should be added based on his description, but I can't find sprites.

3. aliceandsven

Actually, that is the page that I linked to earlier.

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It's rather interesting. I suppose one could go through Of Myths and Monsters to meet some Putts, but I am not sure if there are actually people willing to do so - VirtualSonic43 prefered an NES hack to get the GB sprites rather than playing the GB game, for example.
    And the rest is genuinely busy.
    And no one - besides Blaine - seems to have experience in actual sprite ripping.

I'll drop a longplay if anyone is willing to watch someone acing the game for an hour and a half - instead of playing the game themself. Better than nothing.

5. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

How about Eggplant Pit? I've made a GB version as well, but, since we haven't discussed about it, I decided not to post it just yet. Besides, I was aslo waiting for it to be finished. :rolleyes:

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

It's a cool little thing that sbq92 should add.
    Speaking of Pits, there's also Shadow Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. 8bitwizard

8bitwizard Level 5: Spiny

his name is dark pit (or pittoo you know like pit 2)

8. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

I think I would know about Dark Pit. I OWN the game, but when I went on Putt's Wiki page. I saw Dark Pit, but there's also SHADOW Pit who is ALSO from Uprising.

9. Mitewing

luigiman64 likes this.
  10. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

I think one 'evil clone' is enough.. unless it's something at least slightly more unique than just a recolor..

aliceandsven and Mitewing like this.
  11. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I found 16-bit Pit's possible origin, so I used it to improve the 16-bit Pit skins:
    Samus_011.png
    Copy of Samus_006.png
    Source:
    [​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.
  12. Mitewing

Dark Pit is a must for 16 bit as well. Seeing as Shadow Pits were basically generic enemies/mini bosses, unlike Dark Pit, I wouldn't find them necessary to add. However, Putt from the GB is worth looking into. The illustration makes it appear he wears a helmet. Hopefully we can find out for sure.

Concerning Dark Pit's Peach (heh), Medusa has a humanoid sprite when defeated in the NES version.

13. aliceandsven

"I think one 'evil clone' is enough.. unless it's something at least slightly more unique than just a recolor.."

That could have been Putt...

14. Mitewing

We can still have Putt, ya know? At least Dark Pit has an interesting back story and personality.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  15. Mariofan5000

You know what I just noticed?
    [​IMG]
    She looks A LOT like Justin Bailey Samus! Anyone planning to do a skin?

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  16. Mitewing

What kind of weapons does she have?

17. Mariofan5000

I don't really know. :-\ I just found the sheet out of the blue and her appearance reminded me of JB Samus.

18. Mitewing

I watched some YouTube and she has a knife and blade. Both are projectiles. She may have more weapons.

19. Mariofan5000

I don't like to reply to forever-old posts, but I think that idle sprite should replace her appearance in Pit's skin, as they are supposed to be relatively the same size.

20. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It's too big for the box. Zach actually put a lot of work into the current Palutena sprite. He had to do a lot of work to get the sprite to fit in the box while still resembling the official sprite.