Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

A. The Centurion plays nothing like Pit.
    B. He's too tiny.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

A. He shoots arrows just like Pit.
    B. Perhaps it can be programmed he's always crouching.

3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

A. But doesn't get a single other powerup and the arrows it does have are weak beyond all recognition.
    B. That's just silly. It'd make more sense to make it a Link skin, if at all anyway.

4. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

This specific argument is incredibly silly. I, personally, do not recall when a T-Piece from Tetris was also a tank and could fly around firing line blocks at unsuspecting Goombas.

I also don't quite remember the part in Castlevania where the whip skeletons could use all the sub weapons, let alone any of the various robot masters and doctors from Mega Man being able to use any of the special weapons from that.

In my eyes, skins are not supposed to be 100% super strict canon, and more just a way for you to enjoy a character looking like something else you love. Otherwise, every character skin would have to act exactly as they did in the game they came from, and as interesting as that would be, it would probably take years to make perfect with the amount of skins in the game. After all, what if I want to play as SMW Mario? Do I get to use my cape powerup?

tldr; skins should just be about looking cool, not being super faithful to the source. if you can do both, then that's fantastic, otherwise, don't stress about it too much ;D

Dimpsy, Rey D, Faruga and 3 others like this.
  5. Mitewing

6. Mitewing

7. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

Fixed.

Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Mitewing

I'm not able to find it.

EDIT: I think I found it. Is it the first in the list under skins currently in the game? Did you make any changes to it?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  10. TheomanZero

Yeah, that's it. All I did was add the crouching and climbing sprites.

11. Mitewing

Here's my progress on my first skin done in GIMP. It's a simple cut and paste of Samus resembling Bill. Please comment on the work so far. What am I doing right and what am I doing wrong? I'm still new at this and want to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong. I created a separate layer for all the Bill sprites to go on. So if I need to readjust them, I'm not sure how to do that. Also, I'm not sure what all the animation frames are. So I would appreciate any assistance regarding my concerns. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

12. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

@Mitewing Why is the image so small ? It's not in the original resolution.

13. Mitewing

No clue. I wondered that myself after I tried to open it again. 2 hours work wasted. Ugh.

14. Mitewing

15. MrDriller

MrDriller Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

16. Mitewing

17. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

18. Mitewing

Sorry. I don't recall. On what page are they on? Are they on the wiki?

19. TheomanZero

mariofan2020 and I both have completed skins posted to the wiki.

20. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

RESURRECTION!!!
    [​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.