Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Mario-Fan your a genius!!!:joy:

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

:...:
    I wasn't the one who originally made the skin though...
    Thanks anyway. :D

3. Overlord

Overlord Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

It's still cool just like the Dark Samus one I saw a few pages back. I want to see more Dark Samus skins personally. I didn't really like it the one there is that much. I hope it's not really considered like Dark Link is to Link because Dark Samus isn't Samus' shadow.

If I could make sprites then I would suggest some but I can't. :/

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Well if you want to be really technical, Dark Link isn't Link's shadow. In fact, Dark Link and Dark Samus are near identical, with the only difference being their source; Dark Samus is an evil entity mimicking the protagonist and is comprised of an evil energy (phazon) while Dark Link is an evil entity mimicking the protagonist who is comprised of an evil energy (shadows). They aren't too explicit on D. Link's origin, but it's safe to assume he is made of SOME sort of energy that is evil. I mean even the Redeads are TECHNICALLY made out of magic and aren't really zombies.

Rey D likes this.
  5. Overlord

I just assumed from OoT since the room looked like a mirror. But besides being a mimic, there is a lot more to Dark Samus then just being made from Phazon. (I'm obsessed with Metroid btw)

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Really? I hadn't guessed.
    Anyway, there's no need to look down on Dark Link. He also appeared in multiple games and was connected to their stories. He's just as legitimate of a character as Dark Samus.
    That said, Dark Samus is certainly more interesting to look at than a black outline.

Overlord and uglyrodent like this.
  7. Overlord

(It's just a guess. I figured the reason was to "fight yourself".)
    I'm not looking down on him, I'm just saying he's different to Dark Samus physically. Plus Dark Samus can fly. lol And Dark Samus doesn't really have anything the same to Samus besides looks. They are both fine in the game.

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. TheomanZero

Well actually, in Metroid Prime 2 Dark Samus' moveset was heavily based on Samus' own, especially in the second battle with it. So the "Mirror Match" idea is still present. After all, Metroid Prime absorbed Samus' Phazon Suit because it saw that Samus was powerful and wanted to imitate her.

9. Overlord

Only somewhat...... Dark Samus still breaks away from Samus. Seeing as Samus can't jump in the air and fire a bomb, or crash with the effect of a meteor, or split into clones of herself. And it wanted to kill her, not just imitate her appearance.

10. TheomanZero

It wanted to imitate her power, not her appearance. Some of its attacks are clearly based on the Charge Beam, Super Missiles, and the Boost Ball, which are powers she gained by absorbing Samus' suit.
    Granted, it puts its own spin on these attacks, and they aren't identical to Samus' versions. And it has other attacks too, which are completely its own -- Metroid Prime wanted to gain power from Samus, not limit itself to Samus' abilities. So it's not as much of a "Mirror Match" as Dark Link, but the general idea is still there.

11. Overlord

Of course but there is an obvious difference between them still even if it's slightly.

12. TheomanZero

They're still similar enough to be mentioned in the same breath. The "Dark Counterpart" is a pretty widespread idea, even if the exact implementation of it varies between examples.

13. Overlord

If you want to call them that then I suppose that would fit.

14. TheomanZero

So . . . was the original point of this conversation that you don't much care for the current Dark Samus skin? I guess I could see that, since it's just a recolor. There could be both an MP2 Dark Samus skin and as MP3 Dark Samus skin.

15. Overlord

Kind of. I mean, it was a surprising add but it looked just like a mod for Super Metroid. I would like to see more skins.

16. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

17. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Quite honestly, I'm not particularly fond of any of the "Dark" skins. It could be partly because I didn't play enough of the Metroid Prime games to know who Dark Samus is, and I believe I've only every encountered one Dark Link--in OoT. They don't really bother me, though, since I can simply not use them. :p

18. Overlord

19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The problem with Dark Links is that they're the almost the same as Links, but in dark colors.
    Dark Samus however has got more differences.

→ If you could bring ideas, maybe. :p

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. Overlord

I don't know how to sprite or else I could bring a lot of ideas.