Official Samus Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Faruga, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

That's simple. Open MSPaint, pick the pencil tool, and put a ton of dots everywhere.

It's just like drawing, only more square.

Rey D likes this.
  2. Overlord

Overlord Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I try that. Never comes out right. Plus I don't have the patience.

3. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Practice makes perfect.
    If you have the patience to live past the age of 6, you have the patience to sprite.

That's how I see it, anyway.

uglyrodent and Rey D like this.
  4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Or you could use GIMP to make your life easier. It takes getting used to, but it's worth it.

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ If you're not patient enough, can't you just SAY how you imagine stuffs?

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I know Korby already said something like this, but I have to reiterate: practice. I used to be in the same boat you are, where it always came out terrible, but if you keep at it long enough you can make some cool stuff.

Some advice; start with Mega Man sprites. Just download a Mega Man sprite sheet and mess with it. Make it look how you want, or make it look like other characters. He's such a simple, easy character to work with that he makes great practice.

Rey D likes this.
  7. Overlord

Alright, thanks guys. I suppose since I have enough time on my hands I can go and at least try. lol Mostly I want to make a character for something unrelated entirely to this fourm/game.

8. uglyrodent

This is a Metroid Fusion skin Mario Fan made that I don't think ever got finished until now:
    Metroid Fusion_MarioFan.png
    I changed the color of the death effects to match the fusion suit cause I'm lazy and this isn't my skin. Changed the portrait colors to fit the palette of the rest. Added the missing X parasites along the bottom. Very lazy edit, but at least now we can say a truly deserving skin got done.

9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Looks good to me!

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

lol I didn't know that those bits on the right (the bigger ice beam) were explosions when I made that ^^'
    Also, the portrait is wrong. Imma try fix that...
    EDIT:
    Metroid Fusion uglyrodent version.png
    EDIT 2: Oh damn, the X should have replaced the vertical missile to the right... There are actually Missile Tanks in Fusion...

Mitewing, ThomasMink and uglyrodent like this.
  11. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I think the sheet looks great, but the power-ups are going to be really confusing. None of them give you any clue as to what they do. Perhaps the small icons should still be Varia, Morph Ball, Wave Beam, etc.

12. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Definitely . . . also, maybe you could cheat a bit by sticking little icons on the X Parasites?

Faruga and uglyrodent like this.
  13. Overlord

You'd have to be a fan to know the difference. XD lol But it looks awesome. I won't ask for the Diffusion Missiles or Ice Missiles though that would be cool. ;) lol

ChozoBoy likes this.
  14. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I know this isn't really the right thread for this, but I'm working on a Metroid map skin, and I need knowledgeable Metroid fans to help with it. I have the WIP of it posted in the Map Skins thread. I already made themes for it in the Theme Skins thread as well if you want to take a look.

15. uglyrodent

Hunt down Ceed and shoot him a PM. As sprite work goes I can't speak for him as I haven't seen a whole lot, but he's a pretty big Metroid fan.

16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Dark Samus was made for one platform. I suggest someone could make it for the other two consoles.

TheomanZero likes this.
  17. Overlord

What do you need? (*alreadystatedMetroidfanwithaSpacePiratepicturehere*)

18. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Metroid Map.png

This. Edited some things to match, but I need help with a lot of the items (all except the mushroom).

19. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

You could take a small metroid enemy and have it pop out of the box instead of the poison mushroom

Overlord likes this.
  20. Overlord

Okay, let me see what I can do. :) Are you asking for suggestions though or sprites themselves?