Request Scratch Damage

Discussion in 'Features' started by NeedsMoreStuff, Dec 21, 2013.

1. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Non armor piercing attacks should do a reduced percent of damage on armored enemies
    In example, an attack that deals 100 damage only deals 10
    Default would be 10%, up to 40% without cheat in the Options menu

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I believe the armour system is based on the fact that in the Mario games, Mario can't fireball things like Buzzy Beetles or Spike Tops. And since Metroid and Mega Man have a similar mechanic, it works all the better.

It could be a cheat though ;)

Mitewing and MissingNo2 like this.
  3. Faruga

Patron

Yeah, but that's full-on damage, not scratching damage.
    Maybe it could be one of those cheats with multiple options.
    I don't know if you can remember 1.2, but just in case you don't, Simon's jumping cheat had multiple options. It's a simple on/off cheat now, but it did have three options at one point. Easy, Classic and Hard. Easy was the way Simon is right now without the Classic cheat. Classic was like Simon now with Classic Simon turned on. Hard was the same as Classic, except when walking off ledges, you kept moving horizontally instead of simply falling straight down.
    So we know that it can be done.

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Currently, all cheats are On/Off. Only difficulty settings have multiple options. (I'm not really happy with this, though -- there are other cheats that I wish had multiple options.)

Faruga likes this.
  5. Faruga

Patron

Maybe it could be a difficulty setting? :p

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

The problem with that is that there's no mechanism for difficulty settings to be unlocked. Either way, something has to be changed.