Request Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Nat, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

I think this character may be quite fun to play as, since he has a pogo stick and really good music.
    What do you think?

Mr. Irken and uglyrodent like this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I've been holding out for Scrooge McDuck for a long time. Given the new powerup system, he may not be totally appropriate, though it may be fun to have the opposite of Bill (can get a Mushroom but nothing else).

I support this request wholeheartedly.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  3. Nat

Well the mushroom would give him the pogo stick and make him jump like jumping on rush. He could bounce multple times and kill enemies with the pogo stick (he also could bounce on spike tops, but not kill them).No Mushroom? Well, try to get one!

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Nat

Maybe there could be upgrades for the pogo stick. I had an idea called the power stomp, where if you hit the jump button while the pogo stick touches the ground, you could break blocks.

fractor likes this.
  5. fractor

fractor Level 5: Spiny

I see him as a Link skin. His pogo stick can work as a downward thrust, I really like that game :D

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. Nat

I think Scrooge would be more unique as his own character, because the only thing that would actually work as a link skin would be the downward thrust.

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. fractor

fractor Level 5: Spiny

Yeah but the chance of him being in the next update are slim considering the fact that he's not a VG character, it's still a a possibility as a skin though.

8. Nat

Eh, I guess.

9. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

It seems to me that Scrooge is like Link, but with fewer abilities, so he wouldn't be worth making his own character. He'd just need some new sprites as a skin.

10. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

For those interested, I made a Scrooge skin for Mario.
    Scrooge McDuck.png

11. Mr. Irken

Mr. Irken Level 1: Goomba

Would you be so kind as to take my money? ALL of it?

Dimpsy and silentshadowxp like this.
  12. uglyrodent

Whoa, you have pay to for skins?

I must be RICH :p

Omicron and twinAgkistrodon like this.
  13. Mr. Irken

Mr. Irken Level 1: Goomba

No, but I don't care, he deserves my money anyway. :joy:

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

As long as he controls exactly like in the original game, I'm all for it.

Alkerion likes this.
  15. DarthEnder

DarthEnder Level 1: Goomba

Game&Watcher, Crownjo and Dimpsy like this.
  16. NES Boy

NES Boy Level 3: Paratroopa

We could also include his abilities from DuckTales 2.

17. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think that the current biggest obstacle to Scrooge's inclusion is his lack of power-ups, as MKF currently only supports power-up based characters (and changing this would require an overhaul of the core gameplay).
    In the past I've spoken out against including characters from licensed games . . . but I think I'd be willing to make an exception for Scrooge McDuck. Honestly, I'm excited for DuckTales Remastered too.

18. Pgj6297

Pgj6297 Level 2: Koopa

While we're on the subject, here' s some semi-important stuff.

Music:
    Overworld: Amazon

Underground/Bonus Level: African Mines

Castle: Transylvania

Underwater: The Moon

World 3/6: The Himalayas

Boss: Boss Battle

Dying: Dying Sound
    (couldn't find that one)

Starman: Magic Coin

End Credits: Level Select

End Credits (alterative, you decide which one's more fitting): Title Screen

Rescuing Messages:
    World 1-7
    THANK YOU SCROOGE!
    BUT THE TREASURE IS IN
    ANOTHER CASTLE!

World 8
    THANK YOU SCROOGE!
    YOU ARE NOW THE RICHEST DUCK
    IN THE WORLD!

Skins:

NES: DuckTales, DuckTales 2 (if thier not the same)
    GB: DuckTales, DuckTales 2 (if thier not the same, yes there are GB ports, its not that well-known though).
    SNES: DuckTales Remastered (I guess it would fit, but custom sprites always work as well!)

Skin Differences:
    None, but if the physics engines are different depending on the version, that's the differences.

Can Swim:
    Maybe (Its been announced that there will be a feature in DuckTales remastered where players will be able to swim in Scrooge's money vault. If its literal [meaning that its going to be possible to swim through the vault complete with sprites] then yes, if that was a figure of speech [meaning that the vault can't actually be swum in] then no).
    EDIT: You are able to swim in Scrooge's money vault. However, from the gameplay footage I've seen, it doesn't look like there's that many sprites to make this happen (as most of it is just Scrooge poking his head out).

E-Pro likes this.
  19. uglyrodent

I don't know every feature that will be in the game, but it looks an awful lot like it's going to use models rather than sprites.

20. Pgj6297

Pgj6297 Level 2: Koopa

The characters use Paper Mario-esque sprites, everything else is a model. Besides, Bass' sprites are from MM10, which is a Wii game. If we're going to use sprites like that, then its worth a try using.