Request Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Nat, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Firstly, PS3 and Xbox say hi.
    Secondly, they're 8-bit style, which makes them a good fit.

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

To elaborate on Mario-Fan, Bass's MM10 sprites were made to be 8-bit esque, which makes them perfect for an 8-bitesque game.

As for Paper Mario, I'm pretty certain that it either a) uses very flat models or b)uses sprites that are rotated and whatnot, making them NOTHING like the sprites present in older games.

Ducktales Remastered isn't going to be a suitable source for graphics, is all I'm saying.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

The original Paper Mario (N64) uses normal sprites. All subsequent PM games use flat models.

As for DuckTales: Remastered, style aside, the sprites are way too big for SMBC.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Unfortunately as much as I would like Scrooge to be in too with him being owned by Disney it would be pretty likely that they might be annoyed about us having him in, especially with the announcement of the new game. It just seems a lot more likely that Disney would do something about us using him over a game company talking to us about their old games.

5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Disney is a dick.

That's all there is to copyright infringement.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  6. Pgj6297

Pgj6297 Level 2: Koopa

So? How do you explain this message from the start of the game

7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

C&D of fangames don't take into consideration that kind of thing and think more about how they want to keep all the stuffs for themselves.
    Of course they could try out and see how Disney takes it, but if they want to C&D, then it could turn out badly.

8. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Yea movie companies also are more likely to C&D a fangame anyways at least I would think. But I could be wrong.

9. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Unfortunately just having that in the game doesn't help to protect us, there's a lot of other people who have been shutdown even after having disclaimers like that. :(

10. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It's Disney we're talking about. If you draw Cinderella in a wall they will C&D the wall. That's who they are.

If it only was Sega, they're a much nicer company. There was this guy, he wrote a Genesis emulator for the NDS... Sega contacted him. They hired him to lead a dev team, and produced a Sonic collection cartridge. He's probably still working there by now.

But Disney is a movie and animation company, they're not into software development at all, and there are just too much cases of instant C&D to ignore it. They're very strict with ROMS too. Want to play that epic Genesis Mickey game? That's too bad, they might want to reboot their ass-old games in the distant future so sorry, you can't have that ROM.

So no, no dolan duk & firends.

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Besides, I'd prefer characters that originated from another form of media not be used for original characters. Skins are a different story, of course.

12. Pgj6297

Pgj6297 Level 2: Koopa

Like I said, "Custom sprites always work as well".

13. Rey D

Patron

I don't see myself doing better than the NES game sprites. Do you?

14. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I could see someone doing a hell of a lot better than NES sprites for a 16-bit skin.

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I suppose the graphics from DuckTales Remastered could potentially serve as reference material for a 16-bit skin.

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Rey D

Patron

A 16-bit skin yes. But doing a sprite of a small size meant to ressemble the sprite from DuckTales Remastered wouldn't end up well.

Thing is, the new game uses a kind of special style. Very thick outlines, and it seems it uses a lot of anti-aliasing, and high resolution of course.
    You'd get better results starting from the NES sprites.

17. E-Pro

E-Pro Level 3: Paratroopa

That would be awesome!

18. CuvisTheConqueror

CuvisTheConqueror Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

As much as I'd like to see Scrooge in the game, it's best not to bring the wrath of The Mouse down on ER. Disney is not one of those companies that silently condones fan works; they are very, very protective.

19. Pgj1997

Pgj1997 Level 0: Newbie

Here's an idea: how about we, oh I don't know, ASK PERMISSION?? It's worked several times in the past
    Oh? Then how do you explain this, this, or hey, even THIS???

20. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

How the hell do you even ask permission from a BIG BUDGET COMPANY.
    Parodies have a "Get Out of Jail Free" card in the Free Use policy.

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.