Request Separate the Blue Ring from the Mushroom

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

We combined it because it was sort of a cheap power up and prevented you from getting better power ups. I could set it up so that you always get it last so that it's not in the way of other power ups, but then you'd never see Link's blue colors. I think the way it is works fine, but I don't feel very strongly about it.

TheomanZero and Rey D like this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I understand the intention, but making it the last power up you get doesn't solve the problem either and like you said, we wouldn't get to see Link's blue tunic. I just thought it'd be more useful in a specific scenario where Link has bombs to use but only one hit point. You wouldn't have to worry about the bomb killing you if you still kept the Blue Ring like Ryu can keep the Scroll now or Simon and the Double/Triple shot if you lose the mushroom.

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Since you always get the Mushroom (and therefore Blue Ring) first, keeping the blue ring after getting hit would mean you would almost always have it, and that defeats the purpose of the bonus it provides. Being able to not get hit by your own bombs could be considered a bonus to getting a Mushroom.

4. Mitewing

Preferably, I wouldn't want him to keep it after losing the Mushroom. I was trying to think of a compromising way to have not to take too long after powering up again. If anything, my ideal scenario is to separate it and like the other items get it back like how the other characters do. I just like the Mushroom to be uniform all the way around with the characters. I blame my obsessive compulsive tendencies. Lol.

5. Mitewing

How about this idea. Most characters get a bonus for something they already possess. Instead of getting the blue ring, how about.Link gets the Magic boomerang. It's an upgrade to something he already has then and more in line with the other characters' progression.