Request Should Rick Taylor Come To SMBC?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mastur_Cheef, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Mastur_Cheef

Mastur_Cheef Level 2: Koopa

And for the few of you who may not know who that is, it is the main character from Splatterhouse. I bet there are sprites all over for him, and his abilities could be:

Normal-Jumping and Punching>Mushroom-2x4>Fireflower-Shotgun

2. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

That'd be cool. I don't know if there was an NES game, but I do know that there was either a homebrew NES game or a port from the Famicom (Japanese NES) to the NES. I just don't feel like doing research.

3. Mastur_Cheef

I believe there was PC games, One NES game, and a few SEGA games, though my numbers may be off one or two. But I think it would be a pretty cool addition.

4. Please

After doing some quick "research" I've found this:

http://www.nesplayer.com/reviews/splatterhouser.htm

So I was right, it was a Famicom game. So it was an 8 bit game for the NES, but only released in Japan. I've heard of it before because it has been recently ported and reproduced for use on US NES's by fans of the game:

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=90

5. Mastur_Cheef

Yea, the famicom version was weird, but the SEGA versions kicked ass. And they even made a new one for PS3/360 and i think it is pretty good. It has new styles while also still staying true to the original. But back on topic, If he does get put in, I would rather Jay use the SEGA sprites than the other ones.

6. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Official 8-Bit sprites? Check.
    Official 8-Bit game? Check.
    Official 8-Bit music? Check.
    Would they add a new element to the game? ...Stumped, I never played Splatterhouse.

Each character had a new element, except for Mario, of course.
    Link: Melee weapons.
    Simon: Unique jumping style.
    Samus: Bombs.
    Mega Man: Unique shooting style. Unique jumping tactic (Rush Coil) .
    Bill: Unique jumping and shooting...Spamming?
    Ryu: Wall-Climbing.
    SOPHIA: FLYING.

...So what would Rick here bring to to the party?

7. Mastur_Cheef

Official Sprites: [​IMG] OR [​IMG]
    Official BGM: http://www.hostmyfilez.com/ujvc0kgygi1d/splatterhouse_-_01_-_baptizing_the_dead.mp3
    Official Game:

What he would bring to game: Rick has some very good hand-to-hand combat, plus he can, as i mentioned, get a 2x4 for the mushroom powerup, which can be used similar to ryu's sword, and with fireflower he can get a shotgun, similar to samus/contra/megamans gun abilities.

8. Please

The reason it should be the 8 bit Nintendo sprites is because 1) Keeping it NES characters is always good 2) 16 bit characters look funny from a visual standpoint in an 8 bit world.

9. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

The sprites aren't really an essential feature, as in you can change the sprite without changing the game.

10. Please

I know. The point is if Jay added him he should just start off with the 8 bit sprites. It would also make Jay more willing to add him if he knows there are official sprites on the NES.

11. Mastur_Cheef

Well there is official sprites, so yea, i guess it would make more sense to start with the 8bits, then move up or sumthin.

12. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Man, rick would be awesome, but it would be weird with 16 bit sprites, even though jay said 16 sprites may be in the game sometime, it would stick out, so the 8-bit sprites would be great. actually, i might want him in more than kirby.

nah, tie

13. Mastur_Cheef

I think as of right now, the one I want the most would be Rick. He would be a kick ass addition to the game, literally. But the weirdness of the 16-Bit Rick on a 8-Bit level is kinda discouraging a little bit, though it still wouldn't really bother me that much. Then again, its not only my opinion that matters, its everyone else's too, but in the end, its all up to Jay.

14. ERROR404

ERROR404 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Again, just take the 16 bit guy, give him an 8 bit sprite, he fits in, done.

15. Mctazin

Mctazin Level 2: Koopa

Especially since he has an 8-bit game and sprites.

16. Mastur_Cheef

Okay so I am def in agreement with ERROR right about now, cuz it shouldn't be too much work to edit the sprites to 8-bit. Especially not with someone who can make such a great crossover, cuz Jay has a lot of talent. Talent=Skill=Knowledge=Ability.

17. Please

That's not the point. He has OFFICIAL sprites.

There are TWO reasons we want to keep it 8 bit:
    1) It looks better. 8 bit world demands 8 bit sprites.
    2) It is more nostalgic and professional.

18. Mastur_Cheef

So what lvl do I has to be to add a poll?

19. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well this is interesting. I do have the NES game but I never played it much. I be honest I totally forgot about the character be also for NES. The character do not really have any special ability though... really just run jump and smash the enemies apart. Thinking out powerups would also be tricky since the only weapon in the game is the shotgun.

20. Boomersooner234

Boomersooner234 Level 2: Koopa

it would be cool. but id personally like the dog from duck hunt better