Considering Simon and Ryu should able to destroy projectiles

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mr.Giang, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Ryu and Simon have a lot of problems while fighting against Bowser because they are melee attackers but in Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden, a lot of long-ranged enemies are harder than Bowser and Simon and Ryu still can kill them without getting hit. Why? Because they can destroy their projectiles. It will solve the problems while fighting Hammer Bros, too. So how about putting that ability into SMBC? I have seen a Health Bar Discussion but Health Bar will make some characters too strong (Megaman, Bass,...) so this idea is more suitable for SMBC.

ThomasMink, Crownjo, Mitewing and 5 others like this.
  2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I actually quite like this idea. It wouldn't necessarily solve all of the problems (4-4 would still be tricky, since a big part of the problem there is the firebar and the Podoboo, but a platform could help there), but it would certainly help. Ryu's extended blade would make things even easier as well. Now, for the fire breath, I assume it would be "destroyable" from the very moment it appears out of Bowser's mouth, so it could be destroyed as early as possible.

Yes, this is definitely a good idea. It really is a good alternative to the health bar option or the unlimited ammo on a small weapon option.

ThomasMink, Mitewing and TheomanZero like this.
  3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Fucking love this idea!!!!!!

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Excellent idea! It's useful and faithful, which is the best combination! I wholeheartedly support this.

5. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Yeah it's a great idea. I wonder why no one thought if it before (myself included). I'm not really working on the flash version any more but I'll put it in for the Unity version.

6. sbq92

While you're at it, perhaps Water Shield could use an upgrade to also destroying/cancelling projectiles, as it does in MM10 (well, I'm about 90% sure it cancels projectiles in MM10). :)

Mitewing, ThomasMink and TheomanZero like this.
  7. TheomanZero

This too.

8. aliceandsven

Or just bring in some fresh new weapons, maybe? But that's a discussion for elsewhere.

9. TheomanZero

10. sbq92

11. aliceandsven

I was referring to Mega Man but the issue stands with Ryu as well.

12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Finally the melee fighters will have a chance against Bowser! Simon and Ryu can destroy projectiles and Link can block them with his shield!

13. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

[​IMG]

Lilfut, Mr.Giang, ThomasMink and 2 others like this.
  14. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

What, what, Unity what? Gwaa? This is new to me

15. TheomanZero

16. Nemephosis

But I LIKE it under here!

But seriously it's not like I read every single thread so you'll have to bear with me if I missed that particular one, it isn't a huge deal guy

Lilfut and ThomasMink like this.
  17. TheomanZero

I suppose not . . . but Unity kind of is a huge deal. It will change things FOREVER.

18. Nemephosis

It's such a huge deal that it is not mentioned anywhere on the front page, it's contained to one thread in specific section that people may or may not see, and I completely and totally missed it and in fact would likely not have known until it was released in Unity form. Yes, that's definitely a "big deal"...

ThomasMink likes this.
  19. sbq92

Well, it is technically a big deal, but I guess Jay is more focused on working on it than he is on announcing it everywhere. Perhaps he just assumed everyone would read the "Future of SMBC" thread, which is a reasonable assumption given the topic of the thread, but obviously not everyone has read it. The switch to Unity will bring several changes, such as gamepad support, higher framerate, and multiplayer capabilities.

Rey D likes this.
  20. Nemephosis

To be fair it isn't like everyone else has done a great job spreading the information either. If it weren't for being told in this thread outright, I would never have known.