Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

I've started this. I think I've done pretty well.
    Here it is.
    [​IMG]
    Feel free to discuss this skin.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

1. A thread for just one skin? Seems a bit too much to me. [EDIT] It has been fixed. Yeah. [/EDIT]
    2. Hm... would have broken attack box because his sword is tiny and included in the character sprite whereas the Vampire Killer is longer-ranged and have its own sprite.
    3. Dead sprite 1 is a red suspended Link. Would probably look wierd, but it can't really be helped I guess. turning into a blob when dying will not make it look any better, but I don't see anything else either.
    4. Fairy for climbing sprite = similar to Mushroom Kingdom Fusion = Doesn't look right to my eyes. That's my opinion, though.
    5. Slide-kick sprite = horizontal :dtmf: sprite? He doesn't match gravity physics, but I guess that there's nothing better in existing sprites in the game.
    6. Thank you for bringing the first Simon skin. :) that's not a bad job.

3. Omegaman

@Rey D,
    SIDEWARD THRUST,
    MOFO!

4. Jude

Jude Level 1: Goomba

Don't know why someone hasn't done this one already, maybe they did and I just didn't see it.

Also I made the holy water into garlic. Needs a new portrait.

[​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.
  5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Nice! I was wondering the same thing about Castlvania II Simon. You did a good job. I would say, however, that you should turn the garlic back into holy water. Holy water was definitely present in Castlevania II.

6. Rey D

Patron

→ I'm sure he's already been done by Zach or Jay. Anyway, rather than garlic or ,as suggested earlier, Castlevania II Holy Water, I suggest Sacred Fire.

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Good point. I've noticed that a lot of people seem to have been making skins that have probably already been done by Jay and Zach, such as Castlevania II Simon or Wily Wars Mega Man, the obvious ones. It's unfortunate that we don't know for sure which skins are already in the game. I suppose, however, that if nothing else, working on these skins is giving people experience in doing so, so they'll be better prepared to make future skins. :)

hunter2258 and Rey D like this.
  8. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Has anyone here played Shantae Risky's Revenge?
    I think Shantae would be a great skin for Simon being her hair works like a whip sort of!!!

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'd love to see the Captain N version of Simon made.

10. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Its kinda funny that you'd post a C2 skin for Simon, we actually added him sometime last week. I'm about to post a list of all the skins in the game in the skin templates thread so if anyone wants to know whats already in you can look there.

Rey D likes this.
  11. Rey D

Patron

I kind of don't want to. Don't want the spoil! >.< *gets out*

12. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

I put it in spoilers and added it to my most recent post in the skin templates thread, I didn't want to spoil anything but I wanted to give people the option to check if the skin they're making is already in.

Rey D likes this.
  13. Omegaman

Hey!
    I ALSO started doing that a couple of days ago!
    :(
    I geuss I can't finish it anymore...

14. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

RICHTER BELMONT! This was a Character somebody talked about finding 2 Skins perfect for Simon. One was Richter,so now I decided to DO Richter.
    [​IMG]
    This barely needed work mainly because he would just be Simon with some alterations. Sorry for a TAD bit of mess up like the Whip. It'll have to do for now. If ya wanna fix any of them,please,I care less.

15. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

What about John Morris Castlevania Bloodlines on Genesis. Don't know if Eric Lecarde could work as a skin though for anyone. And he was awesome.
    Edit

Now that I think about it maybe if Adult Link was brought back Eric could work as a skin. Only it would be awkward not having the pole vault ability.

16. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

Hey, working on a Simon myself, it's a somewhat 16 bit version of Simon from Simon's Quest.
    Still a work in progress, but you can see where i'm going with this.

(deleted the image, a complete version is on the next page)

It's not complete, but i was trying to make Simon from Simon's quest look more like his box art counterpart.
    Almost done with it though.

17. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

May I just say that it might be a good idea to make a "Captain N" Simon Belmont.

Mitewing likes this.
  18. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

Not really, i even thought about that myself.. but that version of Simon tends to be frowned apon, specialy in the CastleVania forums that are out there, Capt N's Simon is considered a poor rendition of him.
    I honestly am not very keen on that Simon myself.

19. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

I aint liking him either, but i think it would be fun to have the rubbish version of simon just like megaman universe was going to do with Bad Box Art Megaman.

20. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

People feel the same for the Captain N Mega Man,and look in his Skins. Captain N Mega Man is already made,why not the Simon?

Mitewing likes this.