Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

I suppose.. though not sure where to begin with designing him.. i gotta finish what i'm doing up first.. once i'm done with him, i will see about that Simon.. unless someone else beats me to it.

2. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Remember that it was a suggestion. You don't have to do it.

3. MikePjr

Yeah, i know.. but it might be good though, never know, lol.

4. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I myself loved Captain N it was the closest thing to a game crossover anything I had back then. So I'd love to see Captain N Simon and Mega Man as well as if Pit ever gets added seeing a Captain N skin of him that shows up with the name Kid Icarus in the corner of the screen.

But for now I'm liking the box art Simon and wouldn't mind seeing the more modern red headed Simon from Castlevania Chronicles on PSX added too as a skin.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

6. MikePjr

Not bad, but why only 8 bit like that?
    He could be a higher color count, there are 16 bit modes in this game i thought...

7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I was actually wondering the same thing. It looks good for an 8-bit version of Soma, but I think the GBA graphics would also work just fine, since SMBC doesn't actually have any color limits.

8. MikePjr

I'm done with the Simon edit i was working on, well mostly done... only problem i am having is figuring out what to do with his whips... not a lot to work with as far as his whips go.
    (Removed this graphic, look further through the post, for the complete version)
    As i said, i'm not sure what to do for the whip.... i figure it might look fine as it is.
    And yes a lot of the item graphics are from Castlevania 4 on the SNES, i did some slight reworking of those graphics, you can tell by looking closely.. compare them a bit to the old ones.

I was looking into Simon from Capt N... but... i just.. i'm not sure how to go about making him.
    If this Simon above does not get used, i think i might make my own game with him...

TheomanZero likes this.
  9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Looks... Frigging.... Cool... I'm amazed, I'm amazed. Because I always admired Super Castlevania IV graphics, maybe. :p But looks mega cool, I'm saying.

10. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, so I thought this would be fun, so I made it. It's Alex from River City Ransom.
    Notes:
    -I did some custom work. As usual, it came out less than impressive, but it's not terrible.
    -Portrait is from Crash And The Boys, which had the same artstyle (I changed the colors).
    -I looked and was entirely unable to find sprites of the RCR weapons to replace Simon's. If anybody can direct me to them, I will be eternally grateful.
    -Changed most of the weapon colors/effects to match the Alex's pallet, just in case the RCR weapon sprites are never recovered.

Attached Files:

11. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Now that is as random as the Dr.Wahwee Skin in SMBC. Same goes for this Boy and His Blob Samus Skin I saw the other day. What next,Alex Kidd as Ryu Hayabusa? Oh wait I may have jinxed myself I don't know. Anyways great skin I hope it makes it in the game even for it's randomness.

uglyrodent likes this.
  12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Well, there was the game, "Alex Kidd in Shinobi World".

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Of course not. Ryu is gonna be Scrooge McDuck :p

/possibly joking

14. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Scrooge McDuck wouldn't be that bad as a character, though it has nothing to do with this topic.

uglyrodent likes this.
  15. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

I tried making a skin just like that...but mine sucks compared to yours.

16. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, I think Scrooge McDuck would work better for Link than Simon or Ryu.

17. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Would the beam sword work for the "whip" extention?

18. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

am i the only one thinkin that we could use the castlevania chronicals version of simon?
    i mean... i know many people hate redhead simon, but i kinda like him. i mean, at least hes not a fabio-clone like his old artwork was.

TheomanZero and uglyrodent like this.
  19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think that would make a good skin -- I'm a big fan of Ayami Kojima's work. His Castlevania Chronicles sprites are too big, though, so it'd have to be custom.

20. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Oh no, we're getting Super Castlevania IV Simon in the game before that Simon with his Barbie doll head...and his dominatrix S&M clothes...and his eyeliner. Seriously, what the hell happened to the poor guy? Look what they did to him in Judgement. That's just...sadistic.