Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

i didnt MIND redhead simon in chronicals. i thought it a nice departer from the steryotypical "prettyboy" that the old games portrayed. i did NOT like what judgement did to him. its just chronicals version wasn't so bad.

2. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Pretty boy? What are you talking about? If anything the Simon from Chronicles was a pretty boy. Look at him. Look at his face. He looks like a woman. There's no two ways about it. He looks just like a woman. The one from the older games was buff, and manly looking. His blond hair was still kind of "luscious". I mean, sure, that's still stereotypical, but don't call Arnold Schwarzenegger a pretty boy and say Johnny Depp over there isn't

Triton37 and uglyrodent like this.
  3. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

XD ok. well, one thing we can agree on. chronicals simon is WORLDS better than captain N simon.
    idk, the dude's just different. actually chronicals simon looks more "feral." wilder than the old simon. I thought that was rather nice and more barbarian-like.
    but hey, thats my oppinion. please dont hate on it.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. nickreaper

I did like parts of his outfit. I didn't like that some of it was tight shiny leather, but I liked the fur and how it looked like he made it himself piece by piece as he went on a deranged animal genocide in the forest. Though that sort of thing doesn't always work. For instance this outfit made me laugh. It's like they wanted to appease the people that wanted a more realistic Simon, and also the fangirls that like the S&M esq thing. So they literally split it in half. Oh yeah, and high heels...No. That's all I have to say about that.

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Hey, don't go lumping Kojima Simon and Judgement Simon together. I like Kojima Simon. Judgement Simon is a travesty.

6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I'm working on a Simon skin of Nathan Graves from Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. It's not quite finished, though I'm almost done. Unfortunately, Nathan's jumping sprites are quite large, so I'll have to do something about that. The climbing sprites also need work. And then there are the whips. And I may also adjust the coloring of the II and III items. Those are the Castlevania Chronicles graphics, since those items didn't appear in later games.

EDIT: Updated the whips and II and III little icons.

[​IMG]

nickreaper, Frozsoul and Rey D like this.
  7. nickreaper

I'm not lumping them together. But Kojima's Simon is certainly a stepping stone to the way he looked in Judgement. Hell, even the one in Judgement didn't have high heels.

8. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

I don't really care that much for that Simon, his hair looked pink not red, to me... so i don't really care for him.
    My favorite Simon has always been the box art Simon from CV2. Which is why i tried to do him above like i did..

9. nickreaper

My favorite will always be the one from Castlevania IV, though I would've preferred if his armor covered his legs and arms. Atleast in Simon's Quest he was fully covered.

10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well this is what he looks like on a japanese guide or something:
    Drac2guide_simon.JPG

I see there was a discussion about Simon's appearance.
    In X68 000, he WAS looking like a barbarian. Then when ported to PS1, for some reason, they thought they had to redesign him. Maybe for a more "modern classy" style. There was born red-hair Simon. And in Judgement, the artist was based mainly on Chronicles for the chara-design. Red-hair, black clothes. Though the said clothes do have a more "hunterish" style.

11. nickreaper

Actually...the X68000 sprite could make a decent skin. It's a bigger sprite, but it doesn't have too many fine details so it could be resized without losing too much. Maybe some good will come out of this pointless argument. You...you're like the Jesus of the forums.

12. MikePjr

Speaking of... i finished up my CV2 Simon, gave him a more modern whip as appose to the 8 bit whip i left him with.... i even modified a few other graphics.... and i'm deleting the one i posted further up since he was still using an 8bit whip.

Simon.png
    Hope he turned out alright.

nickreaper, Rey D and Frozsoul like this.
  13. nickreaper

WOW...Can I use this as the bases for a CV4 skin? I won't just recolor it, but it would save up a lot of time.

14. Rey D

Patron

→ Shouldn't. Deleting a post\something on a post can make the thread confusing. Plus looking at the steps can be nice for someon who comes by.

15. MikePjr

@ Nickreaper :I suppose, i mean.. even if i said no, there is nothing i could do to stop you really.
    Give credit i suppose.

@Rey D : There was not really much in the way of steps to begin with, plus i don't want to clutter the servers with needless items.

16. Rey D

Patron

→ There are a lot of items here and there which are useless and bigger than your sheet, I assure you. You should let it be next time. :)

I have a Simon skin planned. I don't know if I'll find the will to make it tomorow. I guess I'll make it next holiday if I don't tomorow.

17. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'd really like a smaller version of the X68000 sprites. I think they'd be better than Simon's current 16-bit sprites.

18. nickreaper

Well, you don't have to worry about me stealing all your hard work just yet. I'm not sure If I'll do it or not. But If I do try making a Simon skin I'll probably use your skin to help me in some way.

19. MikePjr

Just give some credit and it's cool. No worries.

20. nickreaper

Well, here's my attempt at a smaller version of the X68000 Simon. If all the sprites take as long as this one it'll be a long time before I'm done with the whole thing, but I'm not working on anything else now so it shouldn't be a problem. At least I'll have a base to work off of now that this one's done.
    simon.png

BlueJackle likes this.