Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

Nice, it resembles him a great deal.

2. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Well, I've done the second sprite. You hear that? A whole two sprites! Few more years and I'll have me an animation! I also made a few changes to the first. Give feedback on how to improve it, if it needs it. Tell me if the two don't match up well, if the outline is too distinct, whatever.
    simon.png
    Edit: I regret to inform you that all of the edits I made after this post were lost when my computer crashed last night. I'll have to start from where I was when I made this post.

sbq92 and BlueJackle like this.
  3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I've finished my Nathan Graves skin sheet. I have no idea how it would look in the game, but I hope it looks good.

[​IMG]

4. nickreaper

Hey, as I'm looking at your skin I think it would look better if you used a lighter color than black for his eyes, like a dark brown, or just left his eyes out. Because with the eyes he looks like he's missing the other parts of his face, but without the eye he just looks kind of like SlenderMan so you don't notice.

5. MikePjr

O.o i think he looks great like that, and for me they are a dark dark grey, not black...
    The eyes are normal for such a sprite, in fact in a lot of games that were 2D that came out of japan back then, that's all you did see were the eyes...

6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Zelda II Link.png
    PLUS EXTRA THAT OMEGAMAN WILL USE WHEN EDITING!!!!
    Zelda II Link anti-transparent.png
    Extra sprites ripped by BruceJuice and SmithyGCN.

david lindo maldonado and Rey D like this.
  7. MikePjr

Why not replace the cross with a boomerang?
    That's what he uses in his own games after all.
    Just a suggestion though.
    Ooo ooo, also you could replace the item that powers him up with a part of the triforce.
    Orrrrrr, a triforce piece could be used in place of the lil amulet that kills all things on screen.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. sbq92

It looks good! Interesting choice for the whip replacement, though . The long swords look weird, but I suppose there aren't really any other options, unless you were to make the hookshot his weapon, but that's a little odd considering Link uses a sword. One thing you should keep in mind, though, is that Link is always carrying his sword in all his sprites, so when a different colored sword appears (e.g., the all-brown wooden sword), it's a little inconsistent. I suppose technically the swords don't have to be different colors. It's nice to see the changes in power level, but as long as you know you have a Mushroom (quick eye flick up to the icon at the top) you know you're dealing more damage. Obviously the third sword needs to be longer, but I do think all three could be the same color. Either that or just different outline colors. They should all at least maintain the "internal" color of the sword in Link's sprites. You could make the outlines go brown-->blue-->red, and I think that would look good.

Anyway, that's my two cents. :)

9. Faruga

Patron

Zelda II Link.png
    OMEGAMAN, YOU WILL SAY IT BEFORE YOU EDIT IT. I WILL GIVE YOU A VERSION YOU CAN SAFELY EDIT.
    EDIT:
    Zelda II Link.png
    GAME BOY BOOMERANG RECOLOURS FTW
    EDIT 2: I gimped up some screenshots.
    Zelda II Link screenshot 1.png
    Zelda II Link screenshot 2.png

10. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

The giant sword is really funny.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  11. Faruga

Patron

wut?

12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I like the idea someone posted about the double and triple shot: make them into the Triforce., the triple shot being all three of them

13. sbq92

I whipped something up for fun, though it's nothing fancy:

[​IMG]

It's a minor difference, but it's his graphics from the game Wai Wai World for the NES. I have no idea what the game is, I just found the sprites and though I'd use them. :)

Mitewing likes this.
  14. nickreaper

Looks...strange. I don't mean to be an ass, but if that skin does get in the game, which it probably will, I don't think I'd ever use it.

sbq92 likes this.
  15. sbq92

Haha, I actually don't care if it doesn't make it in, I just found it and thought I'd throw it together. It was pretty easy, since most of the sprites were there (I had to edit the climbing and sliding sprites). Considering it exists, though, it seems like it should be an option for playing as Simon. :)

16. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

Sonia Belmont from Castlevania Legends could be a good Simon skin. She's got all the necessary movement sprites, besides the sliding. It would need to be custom colored though since it was only monochrome originally, and I don't think any of the subweapons are in that game either.

17. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Technically they are, they just have one sprite each. Though in some cases, that's all they need.

18. sbq92

I started a sheet last night, then needed to get to bed. She seems to work pretty well, though it would probably be easier to base her on one of the GB Simon sheets rather than on the NES sheet.

19. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Someone still needs to make that Hammer Bros. skin.

It can draw from the Chomp Bros. for the whip, as well as the Boomerang Bros. and Fire Bros.

Mitewing likes this.
  20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ It's a crossover Konami game. Basically, the main character is helped by other characters from Konami games (has has to help them first, though).

I've been planning a "Simon with appropriate moves" skin for a while but never begun. and I started. but I ended up doing something a bit different than what I was imagining at the beginning:
    simon_custom_01_preview.png

At first, I want to make an original skin then realized the moves and poses I had in mind may not be spritable so I thought I'd rather try to reproduce Trevor's stance from Symphony of the Night (but with Simon's clothes and head).

I could continue, but I need some feedback about that first.

EDIT: I can say I forgot to fix the kneel for the right leg (the boot should be lower).
    EDIT2: well, both legs. I guess I felt like I needed early feedbacks before going further.