Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

My crappy internet connection is making me unable to edit (because I want to upload something) my previous post right now, so I've got no choice but to post again.

Soooo I was saying that I thought I'd modify the Zelda II Link sheet so the attack frames (except last ones) don't display flying swords:
    Zelda II Link.png
    That's not perfect but that's something.

2. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

The chain extension sword really throws me off. It's almost twice the length he is. Maybe it could be a little thicker. To me it just looks like he's going around smackin' people with one of those tube shaped light bulbs.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Rey D

Patron

XD Yeah I guess so, but it's to match the length of the whips.
    ... And I'm not responsible of these in fact. Those are Mario-Fan's. I do like these swords, though.
    I was kind of tired so I wasn't precise enough. All I did was making sword sprites for the first 2 attack frames. Nothing else.

WHY U LAEK DIS ONE N NOT PREVIOUS ONE? >.<
    ... More seriously, my post with a custom Simon sprite. Needs feedback.

EDIT: Made another custom sprite:
    simon_custom_02_preview.png
    Based on Richter from Symphony of the Night, this time. I tried something what I had in mind first, but it really wasn't looking good. So I took Richter's sprite. Feedback needed.

Captain Rizer likes this.
  4. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    Alex_Skin_Template.png
    It's Alex from River City Ransom! Once I get a sprite sheet for the items in game I'll update this one with the throwables like the tire, chain, brass knuckle, trash can, etc.

But I think Im getting pretty good at this skin stuff ^-^

ThomasMink likes this.
  5. Rey D

Patron

→ Added transparency:
    Alex_Skin_Template.png

Captain Rizer likes this.
  6. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Does anyone actually realize that Simon's standing sprite is also a walking sprite?

7. Captain Rizer

Im aware, mine still works. But I gotta question did I put the jumping sprite in the right place? Because it's kinda hard to tell which is which cause he has 2 crouching and 2 standing sprites.

8. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

That skin doesn't seem like it fits Simon at all, but I honestly can't think of any character in the game that fits River City Ransom...unless Jay puts Billy from Double Dragon in it, but he'll never do that.

9. Rey D

Patron

10. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Looks good.

I did this skin back on page 2 >.>

11. Captain Rizer

Well mine is more combat based to feel more like hes using his hands so its a bit different but it seems like there are no good skin ideas anymore >.<

uglyrodent likes this.
  12. uglyrodent

Fair point. I will admit I struggled a bit with retaining the right feel for the character.
    There's lots of good ideas, you just gotta get a little creative with how to make them :D

13. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

I should make a 16-bit Version for coolness.
    EDIT : ALREADY DONE!
    [​IMG]
    WIP,might just get Mario-fan to do it. This is as far as I'll go. I used the Link To The Past Palette by the way. Only quitting because I hate Link and idk why I even started it in the first place.

david lindo maldonado likes this.
  14. WilyNumber13

WilyNumber13 Level 2: Koopa

Not sure I understand what you mean. Aren't the GB Simon skins based on the NES sheet?

15. uglyrodent

No, they're based on the GB Sheets.

I'm not TOO familiar with them, but I know there were at least three GB Castlevanias.

16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

^^'
    Wasn't that the version with the old swords? And where's Link's shield?

17. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It's true, the GB sheet is based on the NES sheet, but because the GB Simon sprites are smaller than the NES Simon sprites, I figured it would be easier to use the GB Simon sheet as a base for the GB Sonia sheet.

18. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

SMBX already has a 16-bit Link. Use that one maybe?

19. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

Yeah but this is a big link.. not a small one.

20. uglyrodent

Sprites here, here, and here. And look! A Gameboy Sonia sheet!

TheomanZero likes this.