Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

After looking at those sheets, I'm pretty sure Simon's GB sprites were taken directly from Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge.

nickreaper and uglyrodent like this.
  2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

My reference to sheets was to the sheets Zach compiled for SMBC. It would be easier to make GB Sonia sheets from Zach's GB Simon sheets than from Zach's NES Simon sheets.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Whoops Sword and Shield were too close I mistook the Shield for a Hand.

4. Fox184

Fox184 Level 0: Newbie

[​IMG]
    Oh look, a Juste Belmont skin. Yes I know the portrait sucks, but it was the only one I had.
    Do give me critique.

Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  5. MikePjr

MikePjr Level 2: Koopa

Why do people keep doing the 8bit thing?
    He could easily be just ripped form the GBA game and put in place of simon.
    I dunno about him though, Juste was pretty fast when walking around, compared to the old simon ones.

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Athena may make a good Simon skin.

aliceandsven likes this.
  7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Is this supposed to be Nintendo 8-bit ? Because my eyes tell me the palettes are wrong.

→ Yeah you're definitely right for both points. But making him slowly run would be ok, I guess.

→ Where is it from?

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. sbq92

I looked into making a Juste sheet, and I'm pretty sure the GBA sprites are too large. The GBA had small sprites, but they were still generally larger than than NES sprites. I had to modify a few sprites on my Nathan Graves sheet in order to get them to fit within the boxes. This would explain the "8bit thing." :)

9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I think this:

Rey D and Mitewing like this.
  10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Interesting. I'm not sure about how it would exactly work, but...

11. MikePjr

Actually, my bad.. it would not work, or might not work, cause even though the sprites from the GBA game would fit within the grids, he's still a LOT taller than the 8bit sprites used thus far.
    Still, i noticed a lot of people tend to do the 8bit thing a lot more on here, i have not seen 16 bit or higher ... except from me, unless i missed something.

12. sbq92

My Nathan Graves sheet is 16-bit. :p

13. MikePjr

I don't think i have seen it..

14. sbq92

It's probably a couple pages back by now, but it's also up on the wiki.

15. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Teach her how to jump properly and I'll be down for Athena. :p

16. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think her gameplay is most similar to Simon. That's why I suggested her as a skin. She could be in the game proper, but she has so many powerups and her jumping does indeed suck.

17. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, that's a Juste Belmont sheet from Spriters' Resource.

Also, I assume most people do the "8-bit thing" because this game is pretty much primarily 8-bit.

uglyrodent likes this.
  18. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I feel that having one alternate skin for every console is a must and should be done as soon as possible. Simon already has this (Trevor). The Mario Bros, Bass, Ryu and SOPHIA do not. That's like half the characters. Mario and Ryu need SNES and GB skins; Bass, Luigi and SOPHIA only need GB skins.

19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

They all totally have skins for every console.

20. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

He means alternate skins.
    Actually, Mario already has a 16-bit Demon, so he just needs GB. As for Ryu, I'm pretty sure a 16-bit Haggle Man is already in the works, but he would need a GB version as well. SOPHIA III's GB sprites are just a recolor of her NES sprites, so SOPHIA J7 can get the same treatment and that would be done with. Dr. Wily has GB sprites from Mega Man V, as seen here:
    [​IMG]
    so they could be used for Bass. The only real problems here are GB Demon and Haggle Man (for whom we have nothing to work from), and Luigi (whose alt is just "SMB2 Luigi").

uglyrodent likes this.