Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Yep on the Wiki. A couple things could be improved on it though, IMO.

2. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

I know, we need to get THAT skin in the game, pronto!

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Mitewing

And Adult Link!

4. CowboyJoseph64

Jay himself said that he thought his sprites were ugly, and he overall didn't like him, so that's not likely.

but with yoshi.... oh ho ho, IT'S YOSHI! who DOESN'T want YOSHI? I want Adult Link too, but again, Jay doesn't actually like him, so he probably won't make it as even a skin...

5. Mitewing

I know. It's a shame. A lot of interesting skins could be made for Adult Link, including the characters from Battle of Olympus and Faxandu, not to mention various enemies from Zelda 2!

6. CowboyJoseph64

Yeah, i mean, young link IS adult link in spirit, he's just 1 block high instead of 2.

7. Mitewing

According to the timeline, LoZ Link and Zelda 2 are the same Link, one is a boy while the other is a teenager.

8. CowboyJoseph64

well, no duh, I was talking about the CHARACTER link in SUPER MARIO BROS. CROSSOVER.

so anyways... what other skin would be good for simon...

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

Ken_Simon.png

10. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

Wow, I'm on a roll!
    CloneRyu_Simon.png

david lindo maldonado likes this.
  11. KyleKatarn1995

KyleKatarn1995 Level 0: Newbie

Hey you guys, I was wanting to see if you can add a Green Eagle Jetman to Simon Skins. I have the Sprites for you guys to check out. I'm working on the Face Icon.

Attached Files:

12. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

WHY DID THIS SKIN NEVER MADE IT IN?! IT WOULD'VE BEEN GENIUS!! There's not enough love for Mike out there.
    Dibujo.PNG

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  13. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This was actually one of the first skins I tried adding after I joined the team. Unfortunately, it didn't work very well. The hitbox for both his sprite and the whip were all wrong. I was disappointed, but it happens.

Develon and Faruga like this.
  14. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Yeah... that's understandable. There were many technical difficulties we would never know of. We thought everything was possible, but there's things only people working from the inside of the project would be able to comprehend.

So yeah, it's still a shame, and I still think StarTropics as a franchise needs more recognition... but anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply, and for dedicating so much time to this game. ;)

ThomasMink and sbq92 like this.
  15. Mitewing

I was thinking the Knife should be replaced with the Ice Spell with the addition of actually freezing like how it was done with Ice Man. While the Axe should be the Lightning spell, as the bubbles would look better. Everything else is magical weapons which goes with the character.

EDIT: I just found out the Lightning spell has a homing ability with enemies. Maybe SOPHIA's Homing missile programming can be used.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  16. ZeroSaberGreen

ZeroSaberGreen Level 3: Paratroopa

Hmmm. I don't know if one has been made yet, but I did a CVChronicles Simon Belmont.

Attached Files:

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  17. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That looks pretty good.

18. ZeroSaberGreen

ZeroSaberGreen Level 3: Paratroopa

Thanks! But something looks missing.

19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Probably the outlines. I'm not sure if it needs them, though.

20. Mitewing

There are some lines and minute details when compared to both Castlevania 2 and Vampire Killer Simon. I'd try adding something similar.