Official Simon Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Omegaman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

OR maybe create a simple pallet swap of CV1 Simon and experiment from there. After reading about Castlevania Chronicles I found out that there is a Fake Simon/Simon? character that should be made too.

2. Christian Lee Gilley

Christian Lee Gilley Level 3: Paratroopa

would like to see MarioXP as a Castlevania skin, with only one ability. Have a Fire Flower to use in the mix of weapons. And sometime on down the road if Item Crush becomes an ability to Simon. MarioXP would have some as well.
    Adult Link is a good idea, but the dagger would be skinned as a fireball... or could be a seperate weapon, but if MarioXP got added alongside Adult link, then Link would have whatever-the-heck-that-comes-out-of-his-sword at first, get the flower and Straight Fireballs instead.

3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Adult Link was already done.

4. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Simon_000.png

Reinhardt Schneider from Castlevania 64/Legacy of Darkness WiP

Mitewing likes this.
  5. Mitewing

I just had an idea to consider. For the Axe, you could change it to the axe the hockey masked enemy throws in the first Ninja Gaiden. It even is thrown in an arch the same way. There may be other weapons and items to reconsider as well.

For reference, here's a link to the sprite sheet:

http://www.retrogamezone.co.uk/ninjagaiden.htm

6. Starz Lol

Starz Lol Level 5: Spiny

It was never a powerup, and I was planning on using the powerups Ryu has because this skin is based off of my other Ryu skin.

7. Mitewing

Which other Ryu skin?

8. Mitewing

I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. The PERFECT skin for Simon that NEEDS to be added is his undead self, Shimon AKA Hellmont from Getsu Fuma and Harmony of Despair. More importantly, it would be a great excuse to have music from Getsu Fuma in the game. Also Shimon's items would be from Getsu Fuma. Anyone up for the challenge?

EDIT: There are a few Skeleton enemies that will help fill out the the needed sprites.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/getsufuuma/sheet/46724/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Based on what I've seen on the skin threads, it's unlikely that anyone will try.

10. Mitewing

Just thought I'd suggest it.

11. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

The sprite sheet is too small for MS-DOS Simon :(
    Simon_DOS.png

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  12. Mitewing

Lulz. Anyway the sprite looks almost identical to the NES except for size and color. Would just changing the colors to the existing sprites work ?

13. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I guess, but as you said, they're almost identical, so it could hardly be worth it.

Maybe I'll just rip the sprites for now, then I'll figure out what to do with them.

EDIT: Presenting CASTLEVANIA MS-DOS: SIMON'S QUEST (for pork chops)
    Simon_DOS.png
    Now that the sprites are ripped, you can knock yourselves out with them. It took me HOURS, and I'm still not sure about a few pixels on the Crucifix, Pork Chop, Whip Upgrade and Dead Simon. The rest should be perfect. Note that the whip does not flash.
    PS: The big fire, I should mention, is from the torches in Stage 00, Not the Holy Water. Holy Water uses the same fire sprite as everything else.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Mitewing likes this.
  14. BlazeMelon5

BlazeMelon5 Level 0: Newbie

How about a King Arthur Skin?:-\

15. Mitewing

An Arcade version has been made, but I don't think a NES one has.

Faruga likes this.
  16. ZeroSaberGreen

ZeroSaberGreen Level 3: Paratroopa

[​IMG] Simon's finished. Altho I doubt Jay'll add him. :I

Mitewing likes this.
  17. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

i think production of SMBC is officially over at this point, so yeah. :I

18. Mitewing

Looks good. And @CowboyJoseph64 , you're probably right, unfortunately. But I don't see why they simply can't do a new skins update once every 6 months. They can add so many without having to add new music. I would think that would help generate revenue, at least.

CowboyJoseph64 likes this.
  19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Even if SMBC's over, it's still fun to do those things. And can help those who want to get into pixel art.

Faruga, CowboyJoseph64 and Mitewing like this.
  20. ZeroSaberGreen

ZeroSaberGreen Level 3: Paratroopa