Simon's Ghosts N Goblins Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Mitewing, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I am one of the many who wished Arthur was added as a playable character. So I dreamed up of a way to enjoy his gameplay by using Simon. Here are the settings and rules you must follow:

Classic Simon: On
    Begins with Mushroom: On
    Infinite Ammo: On

It is preferred to use a Hard version map to play, along with the Demon Returns skin. However, the one rule you MUST follow is that you can NEVER use the whip. Subweapons are your only means of defense. I'd also like feedback regarding this Challenge and find out how far people got, and if it captures the GnG feel I'm looking for. Thanks!

ThomasMink and sbq92 like this.
  2. Psychotix

Psychotix Level 3: Paratroopa

Trying it right now.

Mitewing likes this.
  3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I don't think GnG had very tight maps. "Tight" as in "You can barely move".

Mitewing likes this.
  4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Probably because the enemies did that instead of the geography.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This looks like a pretty awesome challenge. I think I'll try it at some point.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Psychotix

Psychotix Level 3: Paratroopa

I did a quick runthrough of the game. Relatively easy considering that the Dagger (I picked the dagger since the ideal weapons in Ghosts 'n Goblins are the Javelin's and the Knives ofcourse) With infinite ammo and a weapon that is infinitely long ranged, this is hardly challenging at all. However, just because it wasn't difficult, does not mean I failed to enjoy myself either. The original NES game was more difficult than this. But it's still a blast!

Mitewing and Rey D like this.
  7. Mitewing

Great to hear your feedback. I think this probably proves that Arthur would still be a unique character even with his similarities to Simon.

8. VGamer

VGamer Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I actually thought of a similar idea to this, except the only difference is you play as Mr. Bone Head and fight other Bone Head's.. :p. Oh and you also can still use the whip for that..

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Mitewing

That's another fun idea. I have the whip restriction because Arthur only had projectile weapons in Ghosts N Goblins.

10. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well if someone finds the sub weapons power too strong you can always just change your attack power to very weak. That way you will not kill the enemies that easily.

Rey D and Mitewing like this.