Site gets Hacked, Forums get Upgraded

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

OMG! I love to see my tiny little avi next to the thread!

2. Sniperassassinx

Sniperassassinx Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

well,the forums are better now,and while the site was hacked,Members were outraged,bored,and also pissed.

roman6a likes this.
  3. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Yeah the thanks weren't imported because it was a plugin that I added to vBulletin. I'm glad people are liking the new "like" button.

Hey guess what? They just updated xenforo to a new version today. I'll find out how easy it is to update. I also might be adding some other new stuff.

roman6a and Rey D like this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Liking the like button... Why not? I don't know if there's a like limit per day. I don't think so, though, since it works kinda like Facebook.

5. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Xenforo is really great forum software! Now the forums are smoother, faster and more secure! Now that the forums are done you can work on SMBC again (or take a nap for workin' 24/7 since sunday, your choice ;))

6. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I didn't liked the new layout at first, but now I see that the forums got lighter and faster.
    Loved the new additions.

7. fire sonic power

fire sonic power Level 7: Bloober

The forum's are back!!!![​IMG]

I missed this place so much!!!!

roman6a and Rey D like this.
  8. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

I'm very happy with the update, and the chat is beautiful!

My only issue is with seeing new posts in Sub-Forums, it doesn't show a difference on the little Speech Bubble symbols next to "Just Chillin'" or "Humor" when there are unread posts or not, so I have to either go in and look or see when the last post was made. Not a big deal, since there is also the "New Posts" thing on the side, just a minor inconvenience.

9. nintendofan

nintendofan Level 2: Koopa

Hey jay, nice updates! One thing I'm noticing is that now the foruns don't have more name color change between a normal user and a mod, everybody have a red name, while it isn't a big deal, I don't know I can't stop thinking something is wrong here...

10. Crazy

Crazy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Idk if this would be an error or something, but you get 75 points for posting 1500 times and 100 for posting 1000... Just pointing that out in case it's a mistake

And Super Mod only has 11 Stars

roman6a and Jay like this.
  11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Super Mod is level 11 if we're using the same heirarchy as the last version, but I noticed that local moderators gave way to being straight up Moderators. So I'm a tad curious what's going on with that.

12. Jay

Both fixed. Thanks.
    Moderator = Local mod. We just shifted the leveling system up 1 so that mods would be on a different level than Bowsers.
    Might do that later. I thought it was pretty good with the rank images being different.

roman6a and uglyrodent like this.
  13. KefkaX21

KefkaX21 Level 3: Paratroopa

hmm just notice that my birthdate is wrong on my profile it should be march 7th 1979

14. Crazy

then change it lol

15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Try moving your mouse over the speech bubbles.

16. Crazy

but it doesnt say if there's new posts in them specifically

17. KefkaX21

KefkaX21 Level 3: Paratroopa

unfortunately it won't let me it said to contact a moderator to change it.

18. przemoc

przemoc Level 0: Newbie

Some flashback (from Aug 18, 2010) if you don't mind.

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/help-upgrade-the-forums.787/

19. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

They are pretty cool.

20. Jay

So the new post indicator is not working in those forums specifically? By the way, I think it'd be cool if Zach makes some custom icons for us instead of using those speech bubbles.

Edit: I just checked and it works for me in Just Chillin.

roman6a likes this.