Official Skin Announcements

Discussion in 'Skins' started by sbq92, Jul 16, 2012.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

What do you notice about this picture?

preview.png

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Break Man/Mega Man begins the game with Rush Coil! Yes!!!!

3. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

So having been gone for a while, it's nice to come back seeing "coming soon" next to the SMAS Mario 3 skins I worked on in the wiki. Also awesome to see Super Mario World will be getting skins. Seriously hoping for those shell holding sprites to get some use in the next update. Also, the Blaster Master Skin for the levels looks AMAZING! May just be my new favorite skin.

I know I've been gone for a while, but this might be the only time I post for a while (work and personal things has me swamped), but I hope things are going well for everyone here on the forums, and it's nice seeing everyone's still active. And I'm excited to see that Jay and SBQ92 are working on the game in their spare time! I'll definitely be back to the site, but it probably won't be until Summer that I start getting active again.

Regardless, I wait in anticipation for what comes next from Exploding Rabbit!

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Grass is on backgr-- oh wait that's actually a clever use of the background tiles (which are used for the animated sea in the SML2 skin)! :D
    Also nice rupee.

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Break Man collecting rupees

I think it's zelda 2

6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Yes, it is the Zelda II skin. Mitewing saw the main thing, though: Mega Man now starts with Rush Coil. :)

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  7. Mitewing

I'm really looking forward to not just the skins but any other gameplay tweaks added.

TheomanZero likes this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I LOVE GAMEPLAY TWEAKS.

Mitewing, BassWins and MissingNo2 like this.
  9. Mitewing

I hope at least some of our suggestions are added as well, TheomanZero. I'd like to see Samus begin with the Morph Ball, Ryu begin with the Shuriken, Link to NOT begin with the Boomerang, just to name a few.

10. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I agree with most of those. For Samus there is not much point not having morph ball from start since usually you get it in the very next room where you start the game. The role of that usually so you can learn upgrades exist for your character, otherwise you would most likely have it from start. You suppose to have it from the start. Ryu obviously need something range weapon, he is hopeless against late Bowsers without them. Even early ones can be painful. Though I wish something could be done for Simon too, he is a dead for sure without sub weapons against late Bowsers. Little dinky whip do not work and upgrade is totally random and easy to loose, but even if you have long whip it only works on early Bowsers somewhat. I wish you could find a sub weapon lying on the ground right before each Bowser, it's not like you don't get a sub weapon right before each boss in Castlevania. As for link I guess you start with boomerang so Link will be more interesting to play with, but he did got stronger now since so maybe it would work. Though you also can't even stun Bowser with it anymore so it can't help you against Bowser so even less important to have from start.

I personally hope most for that you will not loose weapons like Bow and Missiles if get hit or die. They are already limited with ammo so they should simply be something that you don't start with but you can get them permanently for the rest of the stages once you find them until you run out of lives.

TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  11. Mitewing

So any moar skinz 4 us 2 haz, sbq92?!!! :)

12. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Ugh...should be about another week until the update.

Soooooo looooooooooonnngg.

French rocks and Mitewing like this.
  13. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I believe Simon's whip is planned to be able to destroy projectiles, so that should help against Bowser.

Urutsune likes this.
  14. Mitewing

And Ryu's sword.

Urutsune likes this.
  15. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I can't help this time. Lets just wait for the update.

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

A Christmas present just after the exams! :D

French rocks and Mitewing like this.
  17. Mitewing

Question: Has the completed Atari skins been officially announced for this update? I can't remember.

18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

No. Actually there has been no official announce about that skin set since the Atari SMBC release.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Rey D is technically correct, although I do remember Jay mentioning off hand that it was intended to be in the next version of the game.

So...not confirmed. But I'm pretty sure it will be.

20. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Jay stated that the Atari skins will be in the game at some point. That's all I know nothing.