Duplicate Skin Implementation

Discussion in 'Features' started by BaronVonCreeper, Feb 22, 2016.

?

Do you think this would be a good idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronVonCreeper

BaronVonCreeper Level 1: Goomba

To start off with my idea is to have a way to implement your own skins straight into the game, but only viewable on your copy. So say you wanted to have waluigi implemented into the game but it probably would never happen, you just do some pixel editing and bam there you have him in your game to play with, and if you wanted to add in a "Fan made character" you do some pixel editing and bam! There. It would simply be an option where it asks for the file, you import it in, scan it, and it would try to get it working appropriately.

However I have no Idea about programming and how possible this is, however I know a download game based on mario caller Mari0 in which you can import custom tiles and by modding it, custom characters and hats, so if its possible there it should be possible here. I think it would work well for map skins as well but i'll save that for another time.

All in all if this was possible I would certainly enjoy the game much more (and thats pretty tough as I really enjoy it)

2. schjonicus

schjonicus Level 1: Goomba

I've always liked player customization. There must be tons of games that have some kind of 'your pic here' option. Baldur's Gate allowed importing 'portraits' and it's a great game. I can't think of much for 3d games that give such direct control though; it's usually a 'create' option nowadays right?
    But if we're talking about a sprite based game maybe all it takes is a template that can be swapped out with any sheet with the proper dims? Just have the game call the custom graphics files? It sounds awesome !
    Probably depends a bit on how the engine works though. Is something like this interesting or possible, Jay ?

BaronVonCreeper likes this.
  3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.